Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Need help with CryptDecrypt for C# 2010

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have absolutely no idea what I am doing. Is there a download that I can test with?
What I am trying to accomplish is encryption of an xml as well as file name change.
Basically it goes from xml to txl and the final file is smaller than the orginal.
Which means it has coding for server side as well as client side.
Thanks if you can help.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
So in what I understand you want o copress a xml and encrypt it, before sending it, decrypt and decompress after receiving it.
For compression and decompression lol at GZIPStream or DeflateStream(using them are the same).

And for enncpting and decrypting look at cryptografy namespace

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am sorry that I am so late in responding but, no that isn't correct. Basically the zone.exe file reads the converted file via cryptdecrypt functions and what I am attempting to do or hope to accomplish is to be able to make my very own converter for such files. Currently most of the files can be converted with the tools already provided but, it is lacking the corresponding tool for one of the major files that controls the game events and such. I am relatively new to cryptdecrypt functions and despite spending months looking over the coding in the exe with multiple dis-assemblers, I am still stumped on how to go about this. I was given the key recently for the supposed encryption but, I need to be able to use the same style of functions as the exe already uses to help decrypt the file. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Maybe this will give a better clue. This is from PEID
PHP:
#include <idc.idc>

static main(void)
{

auto slotidx;
	slotidx = 1;

MarkPosition(0x004D2000, 0, 0, 0, slotidx + 0, "CryptCreateHash [Import]");
	MakeComm(PrevNotTail(0x004D2001), "CryptCreateHash [Import]\nMicrosoft CryptoAPI import");
	MarkPosition(0x004D2014, 0, 0, 0, slotidx + 1, "CryptDecrypt [Import]");
	MakeComm(PrevNotTail(0x004D2015), "CryptDecrypt [Import]\nMicrosoft CryptoAPI import");
	MarkPosition(0x004D2008, 0, 0, 0, slotidx + 2, "CryptDeriveKey [Import]");
	MakeComm(PrevNotTail(0x004D2009), "CryptDeriveKey [Import]\nMicrosoft CryptoAPI import");
	MarkPosition(0x004D2004, 0, 0, 0, slotidx + 3, "CryptHashData [Import]");
	MakeComm(PrevNotTail(0x004D2005), "CryptHashData [Import]\nMicrosoft CryptoAPI import");
	MarkPosition(0x0049B070, 0, 0, 0, slotidx + 4, "MD5");
	MakeComm(PrevNotTail(0x0049B071), "MD5\nMD5 transform (\"compress\") constants");
	MarkPosition(0x0049AB89, 0, 0, 0, slotidx + 5, "SHA1 [Compress]");
	MakeComm(PrevNotTail(0x0049AB8A), "SHA1 [Compress]\nSHA1 additive constants (also used in SHA, SEAL, partly in RIPEMD)");
}

Back