Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] Reading a crashdump.dmp

Harro
Reaction score
How do you read a crashdump.dmp and how would you use this to find the crashing problem you have i have tried searching online but most of the things i find are about windows crashing and i don't think it would be the same?

Reaction score
In order to read a dump file you have to load it up in a debugger or in a IDE (visual studio). Also have to have the PDB files that contain the debug information so that it can be viewed within the source. If no source or pdb then have to look at the disassembly code and figure out what its doing wrong.

Harro
Reaction score
In order to read a dump file you have to load it up in a debugger or in a IDE (visual studio). Also have to have the PDB files that contain the debug information so that it can be viewed within the source. If no source or pdb then have to look at the disassembly code and figure out what its doing wrong.

Okay i have PDB and source how would i go about doing this to include the PDB?

Reaction score
@Syxn Put the PDB and all debug information with the .exe and the .dump file. Open the dump file in visual studio and press start button. It should break on the source code that caused the crash. Once you find the function or pointer. Backtrack it and see why its crashing.

Is this for Condemned-MMO?

If you still need help PM me I can walk you thru it in teamviewer etc... (mic to if you want)

Back