Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

i need help how to resolve this problem

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1>------ Build started: Project: doorserver, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1>Compiling...
1>GMManager.cpp
1>c:\mythwarsource\online\source\netold\doorserver\gmmanager.cpp(58) : error C2660: 'INetServer::recvData' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>WorldbaseManager.cpp
1>c:\mythwarsource\online\source\netold\doorserver\worldbasemanager.cpp(75) : error C2660: 'INetServer::recvData' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>Generating Code...
1>Creating browse information file...
1>Microsoft Browse Information Maintenance Utility Version 9.00.21022
1>Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
1>Build log was saved at "file://C:\MythWarSource\OnLine\Source\netold\intermediate\Debug\doorserver\BuildLog.htm"
1>doorserver - 2 error(s), 0 warning(s)
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

hello guys how i can resolve it?

BloopBloop
Reaction score
1>c:\mythwarsource\online\source\netold\doorserver\gmmanager.cpp(58) : error C2660: 'INetServer::recvData' : function does not take 2 arguments
1>WorldbaseManager.cpp
1>c:\mythwarsource\online\source\netold\doorserver\worldbasemanager.cpp(75) : error C2660: 'INetServer::recvData' : function does not take 2 arguments

\2short

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Please provide us with the code of "INetServer::recvData" as well as with the code snippet, calling that function if you expect any help.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
CGM* p = (*it).second;
UG_ULONG ulRet = m_pTCPComm->recvData(p->m_pvConnect,0);
if(-1 == ulRet)
{
and other

CWorldbase* pWB = (*it).second;
UG_ULONG ulRet = m_pWorldbaseTCPComm->recvData(pWB->m_pvConnect,0);
if(-1 == ulRet)

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
CGM* p = (*it).second;
UG_ULONG ulRet = m_pTCPComm->recvData(p->m_pvConnect,0);
if(-1 == ulRet)
{
and other

CWorldbase* pWB = (*it).second;
UG_ULONG ulRet = m_pWorldbaseTCPComm->recvData(pWB->m_pvConnect,0);
if(-1 == ulRet)

Try put null and not 0. Because sometimes he doesn't allow two arguments, other times allows, depending the Type of the first argument. So to don't generate errors, or remove second argument (the zero 0), or put null as second arg. Depending the lang. (i think in C++ this will work..)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
thanks your idea not working :( i modified this script and i got another error block [h=1]LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcp.lib' and didn`t use this lib i[/h]

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
thanks your idea not working :( i modified this script and i got another error block LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcp.lib' and didn`t use this lib i

The types of errors you are seeking help for here aren't so complicated that you need to ask for help on a forum. You should look on a site like stackoverflow first:

git bisect -m
Loyal Member
Reaction score
thanks your idea not working :( i modified this script and i got another error block LINK : fatal error LNK1104: cannot open file 'libcp.lib' and didn`t use this lib i

Now this is another error. Not related at the first error. The libcp.lib probably is required by other libraries that you are using.
Which OS you use for dev C?

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
Not sure if you solved this already, in case you have not:

libcp.lib is a very old library which is hardly used anywhere anymore. I would try adding this lib to the default ignored libraries (/NODEFAULTLIB) and see if I get any unresolved externals or other linker errors.

Under Windows Visual Studio:

Bundas Tibi - i need help how to resolve this problem - RaGEZONE Forums

1. Right click your project
  2. Select Properties
  3. Open Configuration Properties
  4. Linker
  5. Input
  6. Under Ignore Specific Default Libraries add libcp.lib
  7. Recompile

Back