Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

IIS web.config forwarding not working right?

R.I.P Millercent
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Another day, another problem. I'm using IIS 7 with a CMS. Basically, my error is like this. A user on the site should be able to go to for example localhost/home/(username) and it displays set usernames information. How ever, for some reason my IIS is reading it as localhost/info/username and that username is a specific .php file like this;

NvK4GRt - IIS web.config forwarding not working right? - RaGEZONE Forums

Here is my URL Re-write for it,
PHP:
<rule name="Imported Rule 209">
                    <match url="^home(|/)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="home.php" />
                </rule>
                <rule name="Imported Rule 210">
                    <match url="^home/(..*)$" ignoreCase="false" />
                    <action type="Rewrite" url="./home.php?web-home-name={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
                </rule>

So it basically generates all the information from /home.php for the username you input into your browser, how ever for some reason it's not just doing that. It also does it if I simply go to say localhost/community/staff - In my web.config it's stated to load /staff.php for that URL, how ever it tries to load community/staff.php for some reason.

UPDATE

I think it has something to do with apply x/x/x and for instance not /index.php?p=xx for example. Not so sure.

Anyone any ideas?

My full web.config is here -

Cheers.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wouldn't this be more suited for Coder's Paradise?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Your input is home/Michael.php
yet your IIS says home/XXX, not .php included

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
That's true becuase that's how it's meant to work. It's meant load home.php and generate data for what ever username you put in the URL. Not attempt to load url/home/username.php

So you're saying the user has to request URL URL/home/NAME.php
If so, change your web.config to something like
Code:
				<rule name="homes">
					<match url="^home/([^/]+).php" ignoreCase="false" />
					<action type="Rewrite" url="/home.php?urser={R:1}" appendQueryString="false" />
				</rule>

Back