Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Isometric Game

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi guys today i had a idea come up to me. I was thinking to make a isometric game like habbo that uses Smartfox server. and i am using flash to make it.

Do you guys have any templates or examples that i can use for the base of the game because nobody done it on Smartfox servers i think.

Thx

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Flash probably isn't the best tool to be using for a game, seeing as it's outdated and less than 2 years from not being supported in any major browser...

At this point for an in-browser game Javascript/HTML5 are probably the better choices.

I don't know what you mean by template but there are plenty of libraries/frameworks available for free that either support isometric features or are geared specifically towards creating isometric games; a simple Google search should return many results.

Goodluck.

Reaction score
I tried that once when I was still into flash. Had to have been over 10 years ago. I'd have to agree that today HTML5 canvas and some library are the way to go.

How much experience do you have with flash, JavaScript, and html? There's no wrong answer.

I wrote a tutorial on creating an mmo from scratch that might interest you. It's not using an isometric grid, iirc, but it is a multiplayer browser game.

As for the server, I don't know what SmartFox is. I'll look into that.

How much experience do you have with that? There's no wrong answer.

Back