Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Javascript Tutor

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
So I'm trying to learn javascript and my project is to make a login/register/chatroom website.
Hopefully maybe I can connect with someone from here through discord or something and I can get some guidance as to how to go about that properly.

ps. This is a self learning project, not for school or commercial

pss. I used to use the facebook button to login into my real account and that's not working, how do I go about dealing with that?

In advance thank you for takin the time to at the least read this post.

Reaction score
Sounds like fun. If you'd be willing to elaborate a little more on what specific things you'd like to know about or would like guidance on, that may allow us to help you more effectively. Either way, best of luck.
(I also moved this thread out of the tutorials section for you since it wasn't a tutorial.)

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Sounds like fun. If you'd be willing to elaborate a little more on what specific things you'd like to know about or would like guidance on, that may allow us to help you more effectively. Either way, best of luck.
(I also moved this thread out of the tutorials section for you since it wasn't a tutorial.)

Thank you so much for the reply and move sorry I made you work a little bit there. So, basically I have never coded anything doing with networks, and I decided to use node.js, I feel a little lost as far as finding a good guide for its use. One last thing I need to get through is understanding how to make client and server side work together. These are my biggest obstacles right now.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thank you so much for the reply and move sorry I made you work a little bit there. So, basically I have never coded anything doing with networks, and I decided to use node.js, I feel a little lost as far as finding a good guide for its use. One last thing I need to get through is understanding how to make client and server side work together. These are my biggest obstacles right now.

Do you know the language javascript first ? if not you should start by learning the client side javascript before moving on to a server side one like node.js. If you try to force your way through you wont understand anything.

Start with client side, then learn server & client communication(in general) and then move on to node.js. You can just refer to online written tutorials or courses and the client-side js setup is easy - javascript with minimal html , no servers needed.

as for server side and node js, it will be much harder to understand if you dont have any basic concepts grasped. the setup is more challenging too. finding a node js host might be tough too, a free one at that . i used one before(not often though) and imo its pretty decent -

they got some tutorials over there too, so if you already understand client side javascript, you can try following those

also, just a suggestion, your learning should aim to be progressive rather than getting to the final destination . what i mean is - break it into smaller goals,
like you wanna make a chatroom for login-ed users. then you need to learn how to make the login system, but before that means a registration system, and before that - handling databases

Reaction score
I wouldn't do that, specially through discord like that. You better off do it yourself. Read read read and then implement. Do not start with login page and all, do basic tasks, play with simple conditions, and then move up to do your first login page. And then play with it a little more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
You can go with too. I was a student and I loved it. The content is awesome and extremely well explained and organized between what you want to follow (eg. Web Developer Career) or study the course libraries of each language alone (such as JavaScript in your case). =)

And when we don't know anything about coding we want to do the newest competitor of Facebook. You'll not learning everything in one month but don't get frustrated. Just keep doing and when you see what you can do, you'll start laugh like: "omg that's so simple" everything in its own time.

Good luck.

Back