Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laravel - firstOrCreate() calls relation method

Reaction score
Hello,

So I have a simple class which throws an exception "Trying to get property of non-object". After a few minutes of debugging I found the source of it. The lines provided below causes the exception.

Code:
$dbitem = Item::[COLOR=#00ffff]firstOrCreate[/COLOR](array(
    'type_id' => 1,
    'filename' => $xml_filename
));

I wrapped that arround a try/catch case to get a detailed exception log. When done that, it seems the firstOrCreate method calls a relationship method in the model.

Code:
public function item()
{
    $model = ucfirst($this->[COLOR=#0000ff]type[/COLOR]->value); // Throws the exception

return $this->hasOne($model);
}

public function [COLOR=#0000ff]type[/COLOR]()
{
    [COLOR=#008000]return $this->belongsTo('Type');[/COLOR]
}

Because I want the first row it finds and if not create it. The `type_id` field when creating a new record is empty which causes to return NULL. by the type relationship.

Anyone any idea why it calls the relationship on that method and what the solution is to solve my problem.

Thank you,
- Joopie

Solved: the method "item" already exist in the parent class. Renamed it and working fine now!

Last edited:
Back