Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Laravel Framework? - Useful for CMS Development

Rogu3
Reaction score
I am thinking about developing a CMS, and I am wondering if the Laravel Framework would be useful for making the process easier. I realize that there are CMS' already developed using Laravel, but I'm just curious if I should use Laravel, a different framework, or just plain PHP.

Sidenote: I have already developed a CMS in plain PHP, but I want to use something that requires less work to secure and less work to clean up. My thinking is that Laravel already has many more functions and methods in it's library that are useful for CMS development that plain PHP does not have.

Any suggestions or advice is appreciated!

Reaction score
I've used Laravel for some projects of mine and I have to say, it's awesome!

It's well documented and you can do like everything you want.
The code you write is just clean, readable and managable!

A major down-side I find is that, because it's so huge there a lot of features you can use IF you know they are there and where to find.

It's worth looking at it and try it for yourself!

Rogu3
Reaction score
I've used Laravel for some projects of mine and I have to say, it's awesome!

It's well documented and you can do like everything you want.
The code you write is just clean, readable and managable!

A major down-side I find is that, because it's so huge there a lot of features you can use IF you know they are there and where to find.

It's worth looking at it and try it for yourself!
I will! I've just been starting to look at all the documentation.

Reaction score
Sorry for necroposting but I really feel like you're wasting time on Laravel.
Nonetheless, Laravel is a great framework and very powerful but in some cases it's just too much, especially that it requires a composer, using more than 20k iNodes for a clean fresh setup and it presents the output from a sub folder rather than the main application, which can limit you in some ways if you do not have root access on the host (i.e. a normal web host, will be a pain to work with it).
I suggest you to look further into PHP frameworks and see which one fits your needs, I personally use CodeIgniter for my projects, which is pretty great so far.

Good luck with your projects :)

Back