Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for Help for a Server Source

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys!
Im looking for someone who can help me out with a Official Server Code from an MMORPG (i will tell you the MMO if you want to help me :p).
I can compile all the Server but i cannot Login for a reason, i found also out what the reason is, seems that in a older Client i need to change the Packet Header size or something and in newer Clients i need to implement a XOR Encryption (this is simple but i dont have enough knowlodge with this complex source) i also know the Key from the XOR Encryption and for my Packetsniffer it works perfectly i can Decrypt the Packets.
But i need someone who can help me to write this in the LoginServer Source and maybe explain me some things there :p

If someone can help me write me a Private Message with ur Skype and ill add you :)
If you help me with sucess ill hand you out my Origin Account which i dont even use anymore.

Thanks for Reading.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Heya Tipico. Per this section's rule #5, I'm going to have to ask you to post a bit more about the problem in this thread (or edit your original post), lest I delete it. If your issue really requires another person to privately help you out, that's not quite what this section is for. If that's the case, may I suggest paying someone for their services at the Merchant Zone section? Cheers!

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It was kinda Late so i had some Problems describing it.
Ill change it now and u can check it :p
And i actually think this is the right section because maybe someone can give me some more Tips or just anything..

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
You already know what the problem is (i.e. implementing encryption in your login server.) Now what you're doing is asking for someone to help/spoonfeed you for payment. And you're not even willing to provide key information about your project unless someone agrees to help you. What have you tried so far?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
This project is just an private intrest nothing more.
i tried to implement an XOR Encryption i wrote a little Project and a lib but it didnt worked correctly because i dont understand how exacly the Source Code uses the decrypted data. Also i dont know how to change some offsets in the Loginserver for example at which location the username starts..
I have no overview :p

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
(i will tell you the MMO if you want to help me :p)
See, this kind of comments don't sound good. Secrecy is fine if you have the skills to work on it on your own or you're paying for work, but when you request voluntary help all openness on your part would be a big plus. Get for free, share for free. Put a price on it and you buy the benefit of privacy. I just don't get it, why disclose information for something you say is of nothing but private interest.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well okey i didnt want to tell it because there are a few People developing with the Source which is also Public on RZ but the Last Chaos section is dead.
So its about the Game Last Chaos, i didnt wanted to mention it because u would say post it in the Last Chaos section, but i guess if you look into to Section u would understand me :p

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
If the Last Chaos subforum won't spoonfeed you, you're unlikely to find someone here who will. My suggestion would be to hire someone or post the code that's causing the problem and hope someone cares enough to take a look. Because the alternative, which is taking time to Skype about the problem, and then fix it over remote access, isn't something anyone's likely to do pro bono.

Modeler / C++ Coder
Developer
Reaction score
Well okey i didnt want to tell it because there are a few People developing with the Source which is also Public on RZ but the Last Chaos section is dead.
So its about the Game Last Chaos, i didnt wanted to mention it because u would say post it in the Last Chaos section, but i guess if you look into to Section u would understand me :p

well if its already public how about you just snippet and post the code that's causing the problems?.. if its for private use who cares if there's a small snippet public?
the way you posted this request makes me think you want it done this way for personal gain and advantage over the others with the same sources..

well with that said.. just post some code.. there's no use for other people to have only a small portion and we can actually guide or help you with fixing it..
it only sounds like a small issue anyways..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
well if its already public how about you just snippet and post the code that's causing the problems?.. if its for private use who cares if there's a small snippet public?
the way you posted this request makes me think you want it done this way for personal gain and advantage over the others with the same sources..

well with that said.. just post some code.. there's no use for other people to have only a small portion and we can actually guide or help you with fixing it..
it only sounds like a small issue anyways..

Im still searching what to Post :p
Thats why i said if someone wants to look up into it.
But ill just Finish something and then ill Post some Screens and maybe someone could tell me something.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score

Sorry to tell you this but the encryption for this game is DES( beta client uses XOR, ep1 has DES, and later EP2 client has DES+ XOR, and later EP3 client has packet compression, didn't analyze EP3 I remember it used a deflate to unpack the packet), in what I remember,

If you don't know the encryption from the client, try to remove the encryption from the client, and implement your own encryption(this way you will personalize your files more)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sorry to tell you this but the encryption for this game is DES( beta client uses XOR, ep1 has DES, and later EP2 client has DES+ XOR, and later EP3 client has packet compression, didn't analyze EP3 I remember it used a deflate to unpack the packet), in what I remember,

If you don't know the encryption from the client, try to remove the encryption from the client, and implement your own encryption(this way you will personalize your files more)

I guess u mean the zlib?
Actually i removed once server & client side the Encryption and it still didnt worked actually im moving the Files again on my PC and i will post in the Thread some screens.

Okey so:
I catched the Packet with WPE(Encryption is Disabled and the Client is early 2010):
Tipico2Euro - Looking for Help for a Server Source - RaGEZONE Forums

This is there the LoginServer throws the Exception (the opcode dosent match(?):

And this is the Memory dump in Hex:

So i hope somone can explain me something here better this is what ive found out all.. Encryption is disabled Server & Client side. GHOST107 i watched some of your post seems u have knowledge in last chaos :p
could it be that some data is still crypted? usually it should send also the Nation ID?
My Client is from Aeria so the ID should be 9 but i dont see it there, i also looked into the Engine source and compare the packet something is wrong here but i dont get it..

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Tipico2Euro said:
My Client is from Aeria so the ID should be 9 but i dont see it there, i also looked into the Engine source and compare the packet something is wrong here but i dont get it..
You forgot to remove the Encrypted packet header(which is 00 00 00 39 81 - which 00 00 00 39 is the encrypted size and 01, 81 from client, is the pachet reliable).

Your packet now is 01 00 00 00 32 03 00 00 13.88...., instead of 03 00 00 13 88 where 03 is msg.m_type.

Tipico2Euro said:
usually it should send also the Nation ID?
Nation Id is still there(2 bytes after the MD5 password hash)

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yes i know and i reduced the. Length max_header_size but i forget to change it somewhere else
How ever tommorow ill continue thanks ghost! @GHOST107 Okey u was right i tried to change it in the Server but well didnt worked how it should...
There is needed some asm to remove it right? u got any suggestion where to start or how to do it?

Edit: shouldnt i change here something?

i need 1 byte and an Int32 i tried to add it here but it didnt worked (i also increased the Message Header)..
i have lame asm xd i only could crack up the encryption with an tutorial and remove the check if nksp is started right :p

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Instead of looking there just change it in since CNM_Encrypt and CNM_Decrypt is common on all files(analyze those functions).

And enable CRYPT_NET_MSG in your project configuration.

Back