Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Looking for PHP developers for Lists.moe

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score

Hey,

Lists.moe is looking for capable developers in PHP, HTML, CSS and SQL. A full break down of what is required is below.

What is Lists.moe?
Lists.moe is an Anime Database, sort of like MyAnimeList, which allows users to rate, review, monitor their progress in particular series and more. The site has been around since 2014 and began as a student project by CodeDragon alone and gets over 3,000 unique visitors per week (over 105,000 requests per month), these statistics are only getting higher. Currently we are focused on Anime alone however in the future we will more than likely be incorporating Manga/Manhwa/Manhua as well.

Current staff
  • CodeDragon
  • nobrain
  • Kylon (MIA)
  • Ignace (MIA)

How to apply
Send me a private message on RaGEZONE using the form below. Please check to see if you meet the requirements.

Requirements to apply
  • 16 years old or above.
  • Capable in PHP, HTML, CSS as well as SQL.
  • Knowledge of CodeIgniter 3 and/or Laravel. Bonus if both.
  • Able to work independently and in a team if needed.
  • Able to read and write English well.
  • Able to work within a given/reasonable time frame.
  • Example(s) of previous work.

Please do not apply if you are a beginner with PHP, we are trying avoid anyone who needs "hand holding".

Application Form (Guide)
Name:
Why do you think you should be chosen?

Please give examples of your past work, including a short description of what it is.

Anything you wish you add?

Thanks,
username

Last edited:
"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
I've reported several cases of Team Recruitment in this section lately and they've been either deleted, moved or closed.

To be honest, I don't like seeing Team Recruitment being done in this section personally (and I'm not a moderator of it I should add) because this is the place for coders to ask for help or contribute their work in some way. It should not be abused to find capable people in here. Fair thing is to put such a thread in the Team Recruitment section where it belongs, IMHO.

Reaction score
I've reported several cases of Team Recruitment in this section lately and they've been either deleted, moved or closed.

To be honest, I don't like seeing Team Recruitment being done in this section personally (and I'm not a moderator of it I should add) because this is the place for coders to ask for help or contribute their work in some way. It should not be abused to find capable people in here. Fair thing is to put such a thread in the Team Recruitment section where it belongs, IMHO.

It cannot be moved to Team Recruitment as the Team Recruitment is in a section called "MMORPG Extra" not "Everything Extra". With that being said perhaps we should add a special Team Recruitment section somewhere in EVO for projects like this, but this needs to be further discussed with MentaL and other higher staff. I'll leave this thread to the mercy of TimeBomb for the time being.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
I just wanted to point out a thread by a moderator should get the same treatment as anyone else's, not that I necessarily agree with the rulings so far. Not sure if I totally welcome team recruitment in Coder's Paradise but to be honest I do feel it's the least wrong location of all. I for one never look at MMORPG extra so Coder's Paradise is the only section where a thread like this could catch my attention.

P.S. Whenever a moderator ends up moving (or worse, closing) threads out of here could you please move it with a redirect instead? The section is so quiet it hardly hurts to have a redirect in place of a post every now and then and it just might serve as a clue for others as to where the correct place for each type of post is.

Reaction score
Hey everyone, some great discussion going on here. You've all brought up very good points. Negata and everyone, the reason I didn't immediately remove this is because there is no better section for it, and pea-brain did find a bit of a... loop hole, if you will, wherein he's not technically looking to buy or sell anything. Most of the recruitment threads like these are either involve money or involve MMOs, wherein there are more suitable sections - Merchant Zone and Team Recruitment, respectively.

This thread is a bit of an outlier, primarily because pea-brain isn't offering any money, isn't targeting MMOs, nor is he looking for someone to "solve all his problems" (which would be breaking section rule 5 to some extent). This thread, like some similar ones I've moved/deleted in the past (usually deleted, as they'd be breaking other section rules if I simply moved them), while it may not be the most appropriate kind of thread for this section, the audience here is likely the most appropriate audience for this kind of thread.

I've had maybe one or two threads like this in the past, where they don't quite fit, but I leave them here because I don't think there's any better place for them. I'm going to leave this thread here for now, and bring forward some potential solutions to the entire RZ moderation team. Please bare with me. Let's drop the subject in this thread, for the sake of avoiding further derailment. If you have any questions or complaints, please feel free to PM me.

Update: Public discussion is now happening on this thread.

Last edited:
Reaction score
What are your users doing there? I don't see any reviews, or much activity outside of staff members and maybe a few others. Are people registering? If not, why not? What benefit would they get from registering? Why should they spend money there? These are things I'd need to know before joining a project like this. Also, how sticky is the website? You get around 3,000 unique visitors, and over 100,000 cumulative hits? Why? Are people coming back? If so, what turns them on, and what turns them off?

Sorry in advance for turning this into a help OP thread. Habit. :)

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What are your users doing there? I don't see any reviews, or much activity outside of staff members and maybe a few others. Are people registering? If not, why not? What benefit would they get from registering? Why should they spend money there? These are things I'd need to know before joining a project like this. Also, how sticky is the website? You get around 3,000 unique visitors, and over 100,000 cumulative hits? Why? Are people coming back? If so, what turns them on, and what turns them off?

Sorry in advance for turning this into a help OP thread. Habit. :)

As of currently there are only a few registering each week, unactivated users don't get seen in the online list but they are using the actual anime management features from what I can tell from the admin panel. As of currently there are a quite a few problems with our site and admittedly we need to give people more incentive to register.

I've had people tell me personally what they want from the site before they'll actually join which is better profile customisability, they also want manga/manhwa/manhua listings, a forum (we plan on having an integrated one, similar to MyAnimeList) and more search functionality to help them find series that suit their tastes. Hence the need for this in v2. Of course, this is a large undertaking so we need more people to join the development team. Loads of people have told me they won't join the site unless it has manga/manhwa/manhua listings, I'm really active in the manga community so getting users there won't be an issue. Profile customisability and manga listings would both be great incentives to join.

What I mean by profile customisability is that you can add your own personal CSS to the page to truly make it your own. As of currently we only allow cover photo and profile picture uploading so a lot of work will need to be done in this area. Essentially version 2 is a complete redesign and rewrite. Also, as of currently the site is entirely free and no features are locked behind a pay wall, there are also no advertisements at all.

No need to apologise, I'm happy to answer questions :)

Reaction score
To give you some further insight from a user perspective, as a reasonably active user of MyAnimeList, I can tell you that there are two big reasons why I use their site:
- Discovering new anime by searching via category or looking at recommended/related animes to ones I've already seen
- To look at user scores and read user reviews

The only reason I registered was to be able to track what I'm watching, plan to watch, and have already watched. This is also important to me.

Best of luck with the site, looks like a cool project that could be even more awesome with further improvement.

Back