Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

MYSQL 5.6 Error Question

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I know this may be the wrong section in which to post but, I hope that you guys would shed some light on this subject.

Currently I am dealing with an old school game server. Gunbound. Everything connects just fine except for the servers themselves. I cannot alter the coding behind it for the connection type but, I get an 1251 Error and would like to know if there is a way to enable the old passwords in MySQL 5.6+? If so would someone be so kind as to give direction as how to do it? I have googled consistently for the last 4 days approx. 4 - 6 hours daily with no fix in site.

Thank you for any help that you can offer.

Reaction score
Code:
Error no. 1251: "Client does not support authentication protocol requested by server - consider upgrading MySQL client"

It occurs when the hashing-method for storing password used by the client differs from the one of the server. Typically it occurs when trying to connect to MySQL 4.1 or 5.6+ with a client compiled for 3.x or 4.0.

Code:
http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.6/en/old-client.html[B]
[/B]

Go to that site and should fix your issue or downgrade mysql client.

Back