Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

ReactOS

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I don't mean to advertise, I'm not working/affiliated with this website or project at all.

ReactOS is almost like Windows XP/2003, it's currently in Alpha stage I believe. You can run most, if not all, Windows programs on it. Why am I posting this here? It's f***ing open source!
I think this would be a good thing for other C/Assembly coders to take a peek into. I looked through the source and I think I'll learn a lot from this. Since I don't want to break any rules, here's a Google link.

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You'll learn a lot more by picking up "Understanding the Linux Kernel."

Code is cool. It means nothing if you don't understand what it's doing or why it's there, and achieving that knowledge essentially requires you to reverse engineer it. Why waste all that time/effort when people with that knowledge are willing to share it?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Why bother with an operating system that claims to have crap? Sure it seems fast but I assure you, with nLite, you can get your OS running on 32MB of ram like I am right now! :)

Check it out, it's legit and it's stable too!

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Why bother with an operating system that claims to have crap? Sure it seems fast but I assure you, with nLite, you can get your OS running on 32MB of ram like I am right now! :)

Check it out, it's legit and it's stable too!

ReactOS is a reimplementation of windows NT. It's meant to run everything windows has and probably a far better linux/unix subsystem, not just a barely-POSIX compliant subsystem like windows has.

Reaction score
ReactOS is a reimplementation of windows NT. It's meant to run everything windows has and probably a far better linux/unix subsystem, not just a barely-POSIX compliant subsystem like windows has.

How is the javascript project, jMerlin?

I never looked at the POSIX subsystem in Reactos... curious how similar to nt\private\posix it is =p

Ginger by design.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
How is the javascript project, jMerlin?

I never looked at the POSIX subsystem in Reactos... curious how similar to nt\private\posix it is =p

It worked, but javascript is still too immature as a standardized programming language. It's still stuck in its roots as a web browser client-side scripting language. Python would probably be a better choice for something like that.

Back