Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[ Restfull API ] - Photos

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm trying to develop an application that shows a random picture in a discord channel of a certain subject.
For example when a user types !cake a bot will show a random picture of a good looking cake in the chat.

my issue is that im looking for decent pictures of cakes etc..does anyone of you guys know a decent website that provides lots of pictures specially on a subject?

i already worked with the imgur api but the issue there is that when I search on Cake, i still get alot of memes etc while i actually only want a nice cake.

It's something similar like the cat api that shows only pictures of cats ( google it)

cheers!

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You could use the google search API for this and return one of the first results.

Reaction score
Slack has a similar slash command for doing this with giphy.com. You type '/giphy searchterm' and it displays a random gif of that search keyword in the channel. It's animated images, but maybe it'll still work. Gallery quality is alright, and you can even do things like disable NSFW images.

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I was looking into the google search api too, might consider that one i'm not sure yet as I actually can't know 100% sure that it will show a correct result unless I manually approve the pictures but I really don't feel like going through a few thousand pictures just for this project.

Back