Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Where should I start?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello everyone! I've decided to learn C# but unfortunately I don't know where/how to start

so...

If you got any suggestions, please tell me where to start xD

thanks in advance ;3

Reaction score
I suggest you start by doing some practical work if you basic syntax of C#. Open Visual Studio, take up a simple task and code in C#. If you do not know how Google for solution.

All the best!

Watching from above
Legend
Reaction score
1. Pick up a technical book on C#. Any book that introduces most of the useful features of the language is fine. Someone else may be able to give exact recommendations.
2. Read a chapter on the book, just far enough to learn about a new feature or two.
3. Code a much-simplified version or a tiny self-contained portion of something you'd eventually like to be able to build. Be sure to A) pick a task that is 5% more difficult than you're currently comfortable with and B) apply at least one technique you just learned about in #2.
4. If you're a master in C# programming, you're done. Otherwise, repeat from 2.

I recommend a book so that you'll be able to find out about techniques you simply wouldn't be able to come up with on your own, to know what's out there and to know what to google for when you need it. A book alone doesn't stick though so it needs to be applied right away. If you can complete steps 2+3 in a day/evening then you'll get a nice mental note of it: "Today I learned xxx."

Back