Tips for not getting payment gateway account suspended? And to unlock suspension?

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    77Posts

Tips for not getting payment gateway account suspended? And to unlock suspension?

So after getting my account suspended on 2 separate payment gateways (Paypal, Paymentwall) due to (what I believe) copyright infringement, I'm left wondering what am I doing wrong. Seeing as a WoW private server (heroes-wow.com) gets away with monetizing a huge game like WoW and Paymentwall not suspending their account, I'm having hard time understanding why they'd suspend my account considering the private server I'm running is for a game which has been shutdown for years and using emulator software I myself have built. Am I missing an important point here?

Also after spending almost a month providing documents they've asked for and adjusting implementation details to their requirements, getting suspended with no prior warning and without a clear reason makes me feel, well, not very good. Is there any argument I can make in order to get my project back online?

ModeratorRank
    May 2008 Join Date
    United StatesLocation
    1,264Posts

Re: Tips for not getting payment gateway account suspended? And to unlock suspension?

Have you tried asking other owners of the same type of game you're hosting a private server for? I wonder how much of it is that specific game's company/lawyers specifically targeting private servers for their own game.

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    77Posts

Re: Tips for not getting payment gateway account suspended? And to unlock suspension?

There's no other server owner that I can reach out and ask for advice for this game unfortunately. I have like 60 players and make a minimal amount of profit so I don't really understand why a huge company would target me. I suspect that it is actually some mad player who is reporting me for copyright infringement to these payment gateways but I'm not quite sure how to fight against it.

DeveloperRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    Next DoorLocation
    2,154Posts

What exactly was written when they notified you of a suspension of service?

MemberRank
    Aug 2015 Join Date
    77Posts

Quote Originally Posted by s-p-n View Post
    What exactly was written when they notified you of a suspension of service?
    No reason whatsoever. Whenever I ask them they keep dodging the question.

DeveloperRank
    Jun 2007 Join Date
    Next DoorLocation
    2,154Posts

Idk what to tell u other than to try your best to follow their rules and guidelines, deliver what you get paid for, and try to work with them. I guess you've already been trying to do all that, so idk.

Advertisement