Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VB] [2012] three node strings one text box?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
trying to get 3 nodes strings to display in one text box, but i think im declaring them wrong.

any one able to point me in the right way?

Code:
       count = New XmlTextReader(url:="http://www.deltatao.com/clanlord/status/cldata.xml")        count.Read()
        While (count.Read())
            Dim type = count.NodeType
            play.Invoke(Sub()
                            If (count.Name = "population") Then

play.Visible = True
                                play.Text = count.ReadInnerXml.ToString()

End If
                        End Sub)

TextBox1.Invoke(Sub()
                                If (count.Name = "messenger") Then

Dim messenger As String = count.Name = "messenger"
                                    Dim awardee As String = count.Name = count.Name = "awardee"
                                    Dim messenge As String = count.Name = count.Name = "messenge"

TextBox1.Visible = True
                                    TextBox1.Text = ("messenger" + "awardee" + "messenge")
                                    TextBox1.Update()

End If
                            End Sub)

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
You are reading wrong trough the xml file + you are declaring your variable and overwriting it a few times with other values which isn't needed, you just need to declare your variable.

article will explain how to read an xml file correctly.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i know im declaring it wrong, and the rest is setup the same as that artical tells you, but i cant find a away to "save" the string from the xml document., then add it to the text feild of the text box.

BloopBloop
Reaction score
i know im declaring it wrong, and the rest is setup the same as that artical tells you, but i cant find a away to "save" the string from the xml document., then add it to the text feild of the text box.

If you are not bound to .NET 2.0 , i would advice to take a look at XElement's , i do prefer them above the XmlReader class. With this class , you can loop over all the elements and "simply" do, something like this:

Code:
foreach(var ele in XElement.Load(Path).Elements())
{
Console.WriteLine("Name:{0} value:{1}",ele.Name,ele.Value);
}

Last edited:
Back