Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[vBulletin] Sparkle Name Effect?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
http://buildinternet.com/live/rainbow/
Foxx, how are you going to do that over a text-link username? That thought ran across my head at one point, (using transparency to do the trick), but that takes even more photoshop/imageReady on the image for the poor guy. (He'd have to switch the transparency and make transparent sparkles flash in and out.. And the JavaScript, fear teaching him the JavaScript..) Also, if the background color behind the name changes, the image needs to be redone. You are clever though, it "can" be done. :):

The easiest way, IMO, is to just change the hue in ImageReady. Or, better yet, just use one of the 9 images Tyler provided. He owned all of us on this thread :thumbup1:

It can be done in Photoshop.
No, you'll lose the animation. I don't have CS3, but any version of photoshop I've used says to use ImageReady for GIF animation. It's just, "the way" to do GIF animation. That's why ImageReady comes with photoshop.. Adobe designed it to work like that. There's probably tons of other programs to make GIF animation. Like Flash, for instance, can export GIF animation if you do it right.. It's a pain in the butt and quality sucks.. But ImageReady is easier 90% of the time. Flash also sucks because you can't really import GIF animation to the time-line or in any easily editable way. Though that may have been updated in the later versions of flash.

Last edited:
Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
No, you'll lose the animation. I don't have CS3, but any version of photoshop I've used says to use ImageReady for GIF animation. It's just, "the way" to do GIF animation. That's why ImageReady comes with photoshop.. Adobe designed it to work like that. There's probably tons of other programs to make GIF animation. Like Flash, for instance, can export GIF animation if you do it right.. It's a pain in the butt and quality sucks.. But ImageReady is easier 90% of the time. Flash also sucks because you can't really import GIF animation to the time-line or in any easily editable way. Though that may have been updated in the later versions of flash.

*sigh* Time for you to update...

=)

And if you noticed, I never said it can't be done in ImageReady but since most people tend to update then it'd be only right to mention to people that don't like you that yes, it can be done in photoshop.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
*sigh* Time for you to update...

=)

And if you noticed, I never said it can't be done in ImageReady but since most people tend to update then it'd be only right to mention to people that don't like you that yes, it can be done in photoshop.

I think he meant that you can't edit an animation through photoshop since it does not preserve the animation but yes, you can make gif animations through photoshop.

Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think he meant that you can't edit an animation through photoshop since it does not preserve the animation but yes, you can make gif animations through photoshop.

You mean doing such as...

GlaphanKing - [vBulletin] Sparkle Name Effect? - RaGEZONE Forums

Preserved and added the rest of the other animations from this thread as one in Photoshop CS4...

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
No, what I mean is stated in this article:

Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I preserved the frames/layers (animation as you wish to call it) using Photoshop CS4. That is what you stated could not be done, and yet it was.

Need I make a video to show it?

1. Go to File->Import->Video Frames to Layers
2. In the File Name box type “*” ( or you can type the name manually) The window will now show every type of file
3. Select your gif and you have done

Simple as that.

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Article title: "Animated GIF files do not open with editable layers in Photoshop CS3"

Blackbox said: "using Photoshop CS4".

If we read the entire article, we will understand that photoshop didnt open gif until CS2 but that could be done with ImageReady, at CS3 it still couldnt be loaded but ImageReady isnt avaiable anymore(so you should use adobe fireworks) and probably they fixed that by adding that feature to CS4.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Actually, the post I was quoting was about CS3. You gave him this article:

I'd be glad if you can show me a video in CS3. Thank you.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I preserved the frames/layers (animation as you wish to call it) using Photoshop CS4. That is what you stated could not be done, and yet it was.

Need I make a video to show it?

Simple as that.
Very cool :thumbup:

I'm not even going to look at your sources, you seem confident enough to me. Also, the fact I didn't even realize CS4 existed yet should give you an idea I haven't studied photoshop features for some years now. :blushing:

Good work mate :cool: And goodbye ImageReady.. (They should've done this years ago! :w00t:)

Found a place to live.
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually, the post I was quoting was about CS3. You gave him this article:

I'd be glad if you can show me a video in CS3. Thank you.

The original article I posted was stating that you can make animated GIF's in CS3.

The one you quoted me on...

You mean doing such as...

GlaphanKing - [vBulletin] Sparkle Name Effect? - RaGEZONE Forums

Preserved and added the rest of the other animations from this thread as one in Photoshop CS4...

Blatantly says CS4, then I get a response from you

Which is about CS3.

And as much as I love you BBim, I'll have to prove that article wrong as well.

Now, xskull, you may not know but you could easily preserve the Animation in CS3 still as well.

And just because I'm an idiot, here's a video to prove it.

May not preserve transparency but you could easily fix that with all of 9 (number of frames)? clicks of magic wand.

Surely you aren't that lazy.

And to be honest, you could easily make a plugin to do this without much hassle.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Zzzz...
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please don't bump/gravedigg old threads...

This should work
PHP:
<span style="background: url(http://forum.ragezone.com/images/backround6.gif)">

Edit: Whoops, fixed

And I would save the images locally and put them on an images folder on your website, or just make your own sparkling effect

Last edited:
Reaction score
Re: [VBulletin] Sparkle Name Effect?

It's CSS and HTML.

Go into your admin cp,
user groups
edit the one you want.
HTML markup ( btw i cant remember exactly by memory)
Code:
<span style="background: url(images/backround9.gif)"><b><font color="#339966">
First side

Code:
</font></b></span>
Second Side
Upload the attachment in the /images file on your server.

Exactly. I used Google Chrome for check this our with Chrome's developer tool which shows you a "selected area" as code so i solved it out myself. I tried to find help, but i didn't found so i solved it myself in my vB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back