Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Web Sockets

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Im wondering how web sockets work ? Can it be implemented to all emulators ? What do i need ?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hello guys,

Im wondering how web sockets work ? Can it be implemented to all emulators ? What do i need ?
actually, u can use the mozilla's web socket documentation, there's the basics of how they works and how can u implement them in c#

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Time for some good old googling.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
if its about a game.. better use java applet or flash..

if not, well web sockets.. go to google...

[emoji848]
Legend
Reaction score
if its about a game.. better use java applet or flash..

if not, well web sockets.. go to google...

I'm not an expert in the area but that seems like an outdated suggestion to me. Particularly flash has been deprecated a while ago and completely removed from Chrome for instance. Java support is arguably even worse. There are several JS packages for game related stuff iirc, as well as an article on mozilla about web games: (which does suggest using WebSockets funnily enough).

It feels a bit like the time of browser games is over. And imo, rightfully so. Firefox is probably the better target for web games nowadays.

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
future is right if flash is really removed from chrome,

but Java web apps such as minecraft will always be an option for game dev.

i believe Html5 failed for fps and mmo games due to its lag and lack of synchronization with networking...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Web socket protocol if you want to implement it into your server:

Back