Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What's your favorite programming language and why? Which ones have you used the most?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Please answer in the following format. :w00t:
Uh and cuz I'm an idiot. You can also put Markup languages too :p

Favorite programming language and why
: PHP, Delphi

For me it is a tie between PHP and Embarcadero's Delphi. I've used both a lot, and both are really similar. Similar to C# as well. I've dug deep into windows code doing cool things just for my own side projects that didn't really go anywhere. With PHP I like to develop with the Laravel framework. I like to keep improving on that front because I really started out doing loads of HTML/CSS + javascript websites in highschool. (like 3 years worth of them).

I find it fun to go through books and find what I don't know and learn it.

Which ones I've used the most: HTML/CSS/Javascript

HTML/CSS/Javascript For sure. I battled Browser Inconsistencies for years. Just as i figured out how HTML4 and CSS2 worked really well. HTML5 and CSS3 came out Lol. HTML has got to be one of, if not the simplest markup language there is. It's perfect for beginners, and at least it won't overwhelm. Or it shouldn't, because it is pretty simple compared to like PHP or C or even Javascript. Yet even people in my class with a computer, the internet, and an okay book. Couldn't knack it. Just shows you gotta have a good teacher! Or teach yourself.

One of my favorite websites for web stuff is SmashingMagazine. All sorts of free goodies on there for websites. It's great.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Favorite programming language and why: JavaScript
I can use JavaScript to do just about anything I need to do. Node.js is very powerful. As a web developer, JavaScript is the only language I'm actually forced to learn for front-end code on web applications. I wouldn't say it's my favorite language, but since it suits my needs, and it's the only language I have to choose from, I suppose it has to be.

Which ones I've used the most: PHP/JavaScript
As ugly a language as PHP is, it has wide support on low-cost web hosting services. Therefore, PHP is something I had to learn. I already talked about JavaScript above. Whenever I can, I prefer to use Node.js for web-server logic instead of PHP. In reality, PHP isn't going to be replaced by anything better anytime soon.

"(still lacks brains)"
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Favourite programming language and why: PHP, C#
I absolutely love PHP because of the wide range things you can do with it, on top of that how much support it gets all over the web makes it easy as hell to develop with. Another language is C#, because the Visual Studio IDE makes it look gorgeous :D:

Which ones I've used the most: PHP
I've pretty much been using PHP non stop for the last 6/7 years, I have no issues with it so I don't see a reason to change just yet.

HTML and CSS aren't programming languages btw, but I agree they are easy as hell to use / write code in

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Favourite programming language and why: Python
Python makes it easy to rapidly prototype and implement ideas. It's pretty performant as well and has a MASSIVE array of libraries (from web frameworks to ML libraries).

Which one(s) I've used the most: Python and Java
Been using Java for 4 years now, Python for the last two.

◝(⁰▿⁰)◜Smile◝ (⁰▿⁰)◜
Developer
Reaction score
Careful what you say there HTML & CSS are not a program language, they are a mark-up language.

Favorite programming language: C#, Java, PHP
I've been using this language for a several years and now I'm at a point of knowing a lot of this language and the .NET framework. I would put Java second but I'm a lot less experienced in Java. PHP is for my webdevelopment #SayNoToASP .

The language I used to most: VB.NET & C#
Those languages are pretty close when in terms of I used to most, my school only teaches VB.NET this year so I've to stick with this language. Else I would stick with Java & C#.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Careful what you say there HTML & CSS are not a program language, they are a mark-up language.

Favorite programming language: C#, Java, PHP
I've been using this language for a several years and now I'm at a point of knowing a lot of this language and the .NET framework. I would put Java second but I'm a lot less experienced in Java. PHP is for my webdevelopment #SayNoToASP .

The language I used to most: VB.NET & C#
Those languages are pretty close when in terms of I used to most, my school only teaches VB.NET this year so I've to stick with this language. Else I would stick with Java & C#.

Yeah everyone is teaching VB.NET it seems like. I'd rather learn C# to be honest. Maybe VB is easier for beginners ? Idk.

And yeah. HTML/CSS are not programming languages. So i guess i should amend the original post to say markup languages as well. Lol. Sorry.

I used them so much that to me they feel like they are something more than that but that is incorrect Lol.

Anyway. So majority so far is like C#, PHP, Javascript. and some Java and Python too. Cool everyone xD.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
JavaScript. Specially focusing on Node.js

Also I some times use microsoft TypeScript but meh...

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Currently, I really prefer AutoHotkey's version of Microsoft's SCRIPIT Utility. I can automate just about everything, from have servers being started and commands being run on those servers in intervals on pc-startup, to simply level 1-200 in maplestory. Its truly a great program imo, and easy as hell to learn.

Overall, I would have to say C++, as I work in a business dealing with alot of math and dealing with long equations, so creating whatever calculator I may need, as an example.

QT is better than VS
Reaction score
I'll go for Javascript then PHP
first thing is javascript on top of jquery lib .. it is the heart of my SPA web app
second php my fav for server side

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Favorite programming language and why: Python
Python was the first language I learned. It has a very large and extensive collection of libraries, great syntax and a very helpful community. I'd recommend it to anyone who's new to programming or fancies a language with superb performance.

Which ones I've used the most: Ruby and Python
I've been using RoR to do back-end web development for about a year now. I've also used Python (including web frameworks like Flask/Django) for about 3 years.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Favorite programming language and why:

Java, because this language produces multi-platform applications and saves me time from coding the same application for another platform.

Most used language:

C#, it is a fine easy-to-use language and this was the first 'programming' language which I learnt apart from the scripting and markup languages I learnt.

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
HTML.
Just kidding. I was a web designer and web games developer, so I love jS and jQuery. My PHP is a bit rusty, but it'd also be a favourite because of what it offers (which is kinda required in web games).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
My pure love is C# since i'm a newbie into coding, easy, fun, fast.

But, recently i've started to like coding into C++ (user32,kernel) which doesn't have any dependencies and it rockz! Bit hard, bit straaange but awesome!

Reaction score
Favourite programming language and why: Python
Simple and Easy to Use plus its just so beautiful, feels like you are writing a Poet via your Codes lol,
and Yes Python has a bunch of Libraries/Modules to support your needs, sometimes it's like everything you want to create/develop/implement with Python were on the libraries repo already and just use Pip or easy_install lol, and If theres a Performance needed (Speed) just use Pypy or Cython.

Which one(s) I've used the most: Python, C/C++, Cython
Mostly Python but when performance needed i use Cython with C :))

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
Favorite Language: Python, Javascript
Currently into a lot of web related stuff. Python because of its simplicity and beauty. Javascript because of how widely it's used. With node and io.js, isometric apps on the rise, it's a great time to pick up Javascript for anyone.

Most used: HTML/CSS, PHP
Started out as a designer(web designs, graphics, ui), wanted my designs to feel more interactive so I picked up markup. Wanted my sites to feel alive, so I picked up Js/PHP and so forth.

Back