Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Flyff Weapons

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi i have a question what programs i should use to create new weapons for Flyff? reply as soon as possible.​

Over rock and under tree
Reaction score
I disagree about the irrelevance. I think it is relevant since it is a 'gaming forum' on which you develop private game servers, etc.. so if you would want to add new graphical assets to the game of your choice, you would have to make them, etc.. (@edit: well some people steal stuff from other games, it can be done too, but the dude wants make them.. i think it is morally better :b)

You would use 3dsmax and Photoshop, or Blender and Gimp.

For any (3D) game. (thats why i think it is relevant). Making an item for one game is the same thing as making an item for another game.. the only differences would be the format and general artwork styles.

Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It really depends on what you want to know about making new weapons and how you want to go about it. If you want to learn about modelling, there's some good youtube tutorials out there. Just search 3dsMax and/or Blender tutorials. (If any have any vids, include them or what not).

If you want to re-texture some weapons, FlyFF uses the .dds extension. Download the Nividia DDS Plugin for photoshop, or use a program that has .dds capabilities. You'll need .dds if you use the released "o3d converter". Also, you'll need to watch out which type you save it as, depending on if the weapon has alpha, no alpha, or alpha based on 255, 0, 255. If you use cola, you can use other image formats as long as you get the proper size dimensions since Cola doesn't convert back.

Some Programs that are Useful:
o3dConverter:
o3dConverterV4:
Cola:
Bulk Res Extractor:
Res Editor (Exos):
Notepad ++ :
Nividia Photoshop DDS:

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I use blender and it works just fine ^^

Fenris already provided you with most stuff you need. I learnt blender from , they have great tutorials to get you started.

Also, before you start please take a look at how other weapons are made and textured. Flyff weapons are either symetrical or have the same elements (such as yoyo's blades) and that helps you get good textures (well... good for flyff xD ) for the res you'll be making them (mostly 256x256 if i recall correctly). Also, dont add unecessary faces you wont be seeing in game, like the inside of yoyos, knucks, etc

Back