Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Guide] Sig making - where and how to start

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
So, many new people have been coming to this section asking how to start making sigs and such... I decided to point out the things you should do before you start. Not that this is not a tutorial and will, hopefuly, be of any help to new people.

What you will need before you start:

• Photoshop or gimp
  • Time
  • Resources (You can find them easily here on RZ or deviantart)
  • Above all, lots of patience

So what is the content of a sig:

• A render/Stock (It's more difficult with a stock, so I won't talk about it)
  • A BG/Sotck picture behind the render
  • Hopefuly some effects :D

What are the main focus point of a sig:

• Depth
  • Blending
  • Flow
  • Lightning
  • Smudge (Depending on the sigs)
*Optional*

• Typo
  • Border

Where should you start?

Tutorials are the best way to start, you should just make them and look for begginer ones. You should look for a tutorial with a outcome you like and follow it. After you done with it make your final retouches by looking at tutorials of a specific theme and see what you should change on your sig to add depth, flow a nice lightning and such. Even thought the tutorial you are following should cover that all, look at it and make it unique and add your own touch. NOTE: Just add your touch after you understand the contents of the points mentioned above (Depth, blending and such) or you will maybe break the flow, make the render not blend and such...

Now you ask me, where do you find tutorials?

Nice places to get tutorials are:

For specific contents you should watch this tutorials:

• Depth -
  • Flow and Lightning - (The flow part of this is subjective, you should be able to understand it even thought it's not that well explained in there)
  • Flow -
  • Smudge -

NOTE: For some people that might not understand what those content are with the tutorials (Some are very intuitive and I won't explain):
Flow - Flow is basicly the way your eyes look and move when you look at a sig.
Smudge - Not really an effect but can make your sigs look cool with nice effects

Please note that none of this tutorials were made by me, I'll start making them when I have freetime and stuff :D

This Thread will be updated if I find new and better tutorials to post here :D

That's it for now, thanks for reading it and please pm me or post here if you have any question, don't fear it, I won't bite you :p

Regards,
~Creeps

Last edited:
Divine Celestial
Reaction score
Re: Sig making - where and how to start

deserves a sticky.

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Re: Sig making - where and how to start

It was alot of work ;D

The tutorials aren't mine so idk about that, I might make my own tutorials when my tests end

Numero uno tagger.
Reaction score
Looks pretty good, the english isn't so great, but it's understandable. :p

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Well I'm portuguese... I think it's pretty understandable

Flyff Developer
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I am new in PS and I would love to learn and be a good into it. As you're my favourite pro PS user in RZ. I am going to do what you said in this thread. Looks clear but bit confusing due to no idea what am going to do in making, especially to those tutorials that are only images or words only. I would love for a tutorial if it's a video (better if speaking).

You're english isn't perfect but it's really understandable and clear though so no worries for that. Cheers!

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
About those I only know spoken tuts for advanced tags :/ I dunno if you can make it (probably yes) but here's his chanel anyway:

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Need screenies :D

Which part needs screenies?
Are you talking for the flow, blending, deph... part? I linked some tutorials there which will do better than screenshots

Back