Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT]Easy, realistic shine animation text effect.

Reaction score

Please note that 99% of the tutorials I post are actually made by me. So for you to post on another forum/website you will need my aproval!

Hello once again RaGEZONER artists. Shining is probably one of the most used animations out there, unfortunately I've seen a lot of people do it wrong. How so? Well read the tutorial bellow and you'll see the difference.

This is what you'll get:

REMOVED

In this tutorial you will only learn how to create the animated shine effect, not actually how to create the logo, sorry about that. You can however download the full PSD at the end of this tutorial.

So let's get started.

First create a new document. Mine was 500x250/72dpi, in that new document, create a new text, just in case you wondering I used "Arial Black" font size 24pt. When done, go to top, and select "Window -> Timeline" (available in Extended versions only).

REMOVED

Next, select your text, and add a gradient to it. Keep in mind that the bright areas will be the actual shine effect, and the dark areas will be the desired text color.

REMOVED

Next, go bellow, and there's your timeline, expand your newly created text, and click the little clock next to "Style".

REMOVED

Now doube click your layer to bring up the "layers panel", and select the "gradient style", and while selected drag your mouse, and you'll see your gradient move, so drag it until the bright area A.K.A. the shine is out of your text.

REMOVED

We're almost done now. Now once again go on your timeline and move the little handle away (the further you move it, the longer your animation will last), now double click your text layer, and drag your mouse oposite until the shine goes from it's default place to the other side, just make sure you drag it out of the text.

REMOVED

That's it. Now press the play button. Your shine should smoothly move from one place to the other.

Last edited:
Back