Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT]

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi guys,
In this tutorial I'm going to be showing you how to make a fan sign via Photoshop. It's a really easy method but very effective.

[ STEP 1 ]

Open up photoshop and go to File > New and make it about 500x500 pixels. Click "OK"

hBZL2qM - [TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT] - RaGEZONE Forums

[ STEP 2 ]

Open up Google and search "Fan Signs". A list of images should appear of people holding paper with text on it. Copy the picture you would like to use and paste it into the Photoshop canvas that we just created.
I'm going to use an image like this:

0YHDZPv - [TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT] - RaGEZONE Forums

(Not very good quality -- yours will be better)

[ STEP 3 ]

So now you've got a fan sign... But it says something else? Don't worry, we can edit that. Just select the Spot Healing Brush Tool from the tool menu and go over the text on the paper with that. Your image in photoshop should now look like this:

auP2gkD - [TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT] - RaGEZONE Forums

[ STEP 4 ]

Ok, this part is easy. You just have to look around on the internet for fonts that looked like they are handwritten. The one that I use can be found here:
Now, select your text tool and put it wherever you want on the piece of paper in the image. Type your text in. That doesn't look that handwritten, does it? No. Select the text layer in the text box to the right and look above it. You should see a button that looks like this:

TmTCgC5 - [TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT] - RaGEZONE Forums

Click the little arrow beside Normal and scroll up and select Linear Burn. Click on your text layer in the text box and then go to the Filters tab up at the top of Photoshop. Click on it and go to Blur > Gaussien Blur. Photoshop will probably say that it needs to rasterize the image. Click OK. The box you you are on should look like this:

uMj1s7H - [TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT] - RaGEZONE Forums

[ STEP 5 ]

This is the last step. Mess around with the radius until you find one that you can read but isn't too.. You know. I usually use 0.9 as it's not too blurry and you can still read the text. Once you've came to a decision on the radius, click OK. The final image should look something like this:

cU5nHta - [TUT] How to Make Fan Signs [TUT] - RaGEZONE Forums

The text on the paper will look better for you, probably. Anyway, that's it. You've made your own fan sign. If this tutorial helped you, give it a like.

Thanks, Zack.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back