Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tutorial]JPG to SWF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is a small tutorial (with pictures :smilie3: ) which will teach u, how to easily converty a jpg file to swf. If u don't add a extra feature to it its useless, so I'll give you the pro's and contra's.
Note: This was made in ps and image ready 9.0 (cs2)

Pros:
+ Its flash.
+ Takes less coding when you invert to a html page.

Contras:
- Loading will go a little slower.

Ok, now on to the tutorial:

First you make your basic layout in photoshop and save it as a .jpg file.
Now open that jpg file in ImageReady (make sure the file is closed in ps).

Now make image coords in your navigation. (see attachement1 for a picture) You can change link, name of the rec. etc etc ...

Now go to File->Export->As SWF Document, and leave the background settings as they are. And your done. Pretty easy isn't it ... I put my example in a rar file. Just see at attachement2

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This already was in CS1 and in earlier versions. And it also allows you to export GIF to SWF too.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
[lexx] said:
This already was in CS1 and in earlier versions. And it also allows you to export GIF to SWF too.

I was just saying this tut. made it cs2 :( and that will be my next tutorial; making a animated banner, and export it to swf with sound trough ps and ir ...

And the main idea was to save alot of coding/slicing work...

Last edited:
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Valix said:
I was just saying this tut. made it cs2 :( and that will be my next tutorial; making a animated banner, and export it to swf with sound trough ps and ir ...

And the main idea was to save alot of coding/slicing work...
I just wanted to note that not only CS2 is able to export images to Macromedia Flash format...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back