Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Help Making a YouTube Header Image

Reaction score
Yo! Hope you're well my friends. Today I need a little help putting a header together to make my YouTube channel better.

For a while I've just had a picture of me doing a kick, which is cool but doesn't really tell you what's going on! I recently just added text over it to tell people to subscribe as I have a new video coming out everyday in May, but it would look a lot better done by someone with an eye for this! xD

Basically use either of my two pics here as you see fit, a mixture of black and white, play with the colours, I don't mind. You may need to stretch the images a little as YouTube wants images at 2560x1440 where possible!

What I'm interested in is actually just the part that's going to show up on most browsers! This is 1546 x 423 so that's where any work needs doing :) You can get the official YouTube templates if that helps!

The main text I want on there is; "Improve Your Skills, Quality Martial Arts Training".

If there is space for it to look tasteful, possibly add a small bullet list:

• Bagwork
  • Tutorials
  • Sparring
  • Competition

859537_1385206181735624_313971075_o - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums lee2 - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

If you could be so kind as to make a second version with the text somewhere over the top: "One Video Every Day in May 2015"

I'll put that version up first and switch to the other after May.

Ask away if you need more input etc.

Peace.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
So if i understood you correctly you want a header for your youtube channel with dimensions: 1546 x 423 Right? If yes am gonna give a try with Photoshop right now :).

Reaction score
So if i understood you correctly you want a header for your youtube channel with dimensions: 1546 x 423 Right? If yes am gonna give a try with Photoshop right now :).

Sorry mate I didn't explain very well.

1546 x 423 is the size limit for where I want the text adding. But the image itself needs to be as close to 2560x1440.

Here's an example of what I put together the other day.

hill top side kick logo - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

And how it looks on my channel.

header - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

So I need a large image so youTube has somethign to work with from tablets and phones, right through to TVs. But TV's aren't a concern of mine right now anyway. So the important part for me is what shows up in the 1546 x 423, that's where I need info.

Attachments

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
allright i got it. Am gonna try right now with same picture and those dimensions that youtube requested... In about 20-30 mins it will be ready buddy :D

Well, here is my try, the dimensions of the photo are 1600x1200 close to your requested ones... So i think it will be suitable now.

exclamatio - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

exclamatio I am waiting your feedback about it buddy ;)

Reaction score
Sorry bro that's not what I meant at all, I can't use that :p I need an image that when reduced, will show the middle of the image. So like with my example, I have a large picture of me on the hill with the text above me. But when you go to my youtube channel you only see a small rectangle at 1546 x 423. But I had to upload the whole image for youtube to allow me to choose that rectangle to display.

If you go to the YouTube link it explains there about the resolution needed. Plus I don't need random stuff adding like sponsors I don't have :p

id9COxWlDZ3mL - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

I need the text adding to the safe area. This is the bit that shows up on all displays, so it's the bit that needs the info! :)

Attachments

Reaction score
Update: here's another go I've had, and how it looks when uploaded.

example - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums backgrounder - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

I'll try to do the desktop version tomorrow, its an annoying size for the style I originally set out to do. exclamatio

P.S. I totally read your whole thread, and obviously didn't skim read it all. ;)

Love it mate! But as you saw the resolution doesn't work with youtube, I get this message, d'oh!

yout00b - Help Making a YouTube Header Image - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

Reaction score
Back