Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Have a small Photoshop request

ignition sequence start
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My autocorrect changed Photoshop to Photophobia. Could a mod please edit it? And no, you can't laugh!

Hi,

My friend has a BMW E36 Touring and he's wanting to apply a unique color scheme. He's taken some inspiration from another Touring he found on YouTube.

Here are some photos of the Touring now:
Unphased - Have a small Photoshop request - RaGEZONE Forums

I'm wondering if anyone here is willing to edit one of the photos so the top part of the car is black, here is a photo of the Touring found on YouTube, it should give you a bit of an idea how he wants it to look.

If you need anymore information, please let me know.

On behalf of my friend and myself, thanks in advance.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Sure

best I could do in terms of the matte-like paint.
hope you like it

Reaction score
I'm sorry I had to give this a try aswell here is mine hope it isn't to late:
XmEdODF - Have a small Photoshop request - RaGEZONE Forums

Frostbite I couldn't compete with your top part of the car (amazing job you did there) so i cut it from yours into mine. Hope you dont mind. Team work heheheh! If for some reason you do feel violated or something just let me know :eek:tt1:

EDIT: Also Frostbite if you care to pm me how exactly you did the top part because when I tried it it looked waaay less awesome

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'm sorry I had to give this a try aswell here is mine hope it isn't to late:

@Frostbite I couldn't compete with your top part of the car (amazing job you did there) so i cut it from yours into mine. Hope you dont mind. Team work heheheh! If for some reason you do feel violated or something just let me know :eek:tt1:

EDIT: Also @Frostbite if you care to pm me how exactly you did the top part because when I tried it it looked waaay less awesome

No problem. xD

I used the pen tool to outline the whole tap part that i wanted to edit, and then I made a selection from my outline that I made with the pen. (right click > make selection) And then I right click>new layer via copy and ctrl+U to edit the hue/saturation/lighting. If I remember correctly i just lowered the lighting quite a bit till it became black. As for the little bit of shine;

I made a new layer and placed it on top of my newly made, black top layer. Right click that layer, and click "Create clipping mask". Then with a soft, 100% opacity, normal blending white brush, I went over the areas I wanted some shine to, and then when I was done, I change the blending of the whole layer to soft light, and lower the opacity.

^^

Back