Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Suggestions for a beginner ..

Reaction score
Hello ,

I'm new to website designing so i need suggestions , where should i start from , what recommended courses to buy to learn html,css and js to make websites , ect

Thank you for your attention .

Reaction score
Web-design or Web-development? Because if you want to get into web-design, you dont need php, html, java nor css. But if you are into Web-development, then this belongs in the wrong section. ;S

both of them bro but wanna start with web design , also i know php basics

For websites you should start with html/css then go to javascript and php

Thank you , but if you know recommended online courses to attend <3

Ben

Developer - JS
Developer
Reaction score
I personally think web-design is pretty hard, I'm trying for quiet some time to get some smooth designs going but I still end up with trash though :/

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Web design takes time and practice to train your design eye. Research some web galleries and identify common trends. Follow Awwwards and FMA etc in social media. Buy some inspiration books such as The Web Designer's Idea Book. Then practice, make some layouts and show them here to get feedback. It's hard trying to self-teach web design (I know first-hand) so other feedback will help the growth. But it's a learned skillset - someone can tell you it looks good, but you need to learn until you start to believe them and know WHY it looks good.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score

pretty good inspiration site. You can just try to copy sites there (with your own touch) for practice and combine some elements together into a new website. Then later you will be able to make one from scratch.

Reaction score

pretty good inspiration site. You can just try to copy sites there (with your own touch) for practice and combine some elements together into a new website. Then later you will be able to make one from scratch.

You can't get inspiration from that. Look at it..

medotarek - Suggestions for a beginner .. - RaGEZONE Forums

-li- of menus, wallpaper-sized background, h1 heading and 2 buttons? cmon now.. thats not web-design, that shiz would take less than an hour to complete.

You want inspiration? Go Google -> Click "Images" -> type "Web Designs" -> get a few flat png's & inspire yourself.

#GG. Profit?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
You can't get inspiration from that. Look at it..

-li- of menus, wallpaper-sized background, h1 heading and 2 buttons? cmon now.. thats not web-design, that shiz would take less than an hour to complete.

You want inspiration? Go Google -> Click "Images" -> type "Web Designs" -> get a few flat png's & inspire yourself.

#GG. Profit?

A site does not have to be complex to be good.
Responsive, clean, modern is the trend of 2017.
User Experience is valued more, clean information display is valued more, fancy effects are being used less and less.

Clean animations, easy-eaze.

I'm not saying that I am in love with the style, but as a User point of view, it is easy, clear and multiple ways lead to the target. So the theme achieves what is needed for their desired audience.

It is actually nice for designers that are starting because if you know what you are doing (Consulting, strategy, research, execution), you can still charge $20k+ for a website like that, if it fits the researched clients needs. (Of course not only the landing page. I mean the clean style.)

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
thank you all guys <3

Another advice I can give you if you are planning to work in the design field is to

Think about it at a deeper level. Always think about strategy. What does the company you are designing a website for (doesn't matter if it's a real company or fake company for training purposes) want to achieve. What is the ultimate goal?

How do you get users to go from the start of the website to the goal that the company wants to achieve?

Call to action. Lead the customer through your design. Think as a user. Ask other people what they would do when they go to the website.
Thought process is key. Think about target groups, identity of the company. Of course an old biker gang does not want to have a modern 2017 clean website. They want to display their identity.

Even if you are only designing websites as an example, it all still matters. Don't be scared to bring in your own experience and ideas. And be confident.

If I would walk into a meeting with one of our clients or a new client and would only listen and take "orders" , why would they even hire us?
Never act as only an order taker. You could just work at a fast food restaurant then. You are valuable because of your experience and ideas that you should bring into the design process. Don't be scared to not work with a client if you are not comfortable with them.

Oh and one very important thing. NEVER undervalue your work. I never understood people who design a website for 200$ or something. If you are doing that for family/friends at the start to get some experience, okay that's another thing.

But the moment you work with real clients, think about what it's worth for them. If you are building an e-commerce shop that will increase the revenue of the company by 500k, to keep it realistic as a beginner, the project is worth 50k. You can use that amount to provide the best product. If you would sell it for 2000 and have to do some revisions, maybe hire low quality coders, you will lose a lot of money.

Once at the top, projects with a few hundred k or even millions are not that rare. It's a hard way, but worth it. At this point I am of course not only talking about websites. I am talking about working together with clients. Developing Strategy, Identity.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up via pm and I'l happily help you out.

bit of a long text but maybe it's useful. I don't have the best talent in writing stuff down, I'm more of a speaker

Reaction score
Another advice I can give you if you are planning to work in the design field is to

Think about it at a deeper level. Always think about strategy. What does the company you are designing a website for (doesn't matter if it's a real company or fake company for training purposes) want to achieve. What is the ultimate goal?

How do you get users to go from the start of the website to the goal that the company wants to achieve?

Call to action. Lead the customer through your design. Think as a user. Ask other people what they would do when they go to the website.
Thought process is key. Think about target groups, identity of the company. Of course an old biker gang does not want to have a modern 2017 clean website. They want to display their identity.

Even if you are only designing websites as an example, it all still matters. Don't be scared to bring in your own experience and ideas. And be confident.

If I would walk into a meeting with one of our clients or a new client and would only listen and take "orders" , why would they even hire us?
Never act as only an order taker. You could just work at a fast food restaurant then. You are valuable because of your experience and ideas that you should bring into the design process. Don't be scared to not work with a client if you are not comfortable with them.

Oh and one very important thing. NEVER undervalue your work. I never understood people who design a website for 200$ or something. If you are doing that for family/friends at the start to get some experience, okay that's another thing.

But the moment you work with real clients, think about what it's worth for them. If you are building an e-commerce shop that will increase the revenue of the company by 500k, to keep it realistic as a beginner, the project is worth 50k. You can use that amount to provide the best product. If you would sell it for 2000 and have to do some revisions, maybe hire low quality coders, you will lose a lot of money.

Once at the top, projects with a few hundred k or even millions are not that rare. It's a hard way, but worth it. At this point I am of course not only talking about websites. I am talking about working together with clients. Developing Strategy, Identity.

If you have any questions feel free to hit me up via pm and I'l happily help you out.

bit of a long text but maybe it's useful. I don't have the best talent in writing stuff down, I'm more of a speaker

Big thanks bro !! , never expected that someone will give me valuable advises like you , thank you again <3

Inactive
Reaction score
You can find some free and quality courses/classes right here:

Back