Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Blure's Signatures

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I'll have to disagree with that one. Never use drop shadow in a typo, it'll ruin the whole signature depth

i admit i could use more practise with texts myself, but in my opinion drop shadow can be used properly in a typo, just... as long as its thought thru properly

sometimes I personally use it to mix dark coloured, slight and very low opacity glow exactly behind the text(=position:0) with the actual, more bright coloured glow at very low opacity. actually to see what i mean check the signature i am using

although I do agree that it has the potential to ruin the depth entirely.

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i admit i could use more practise with texts myself, but in my opinion drop shadow can be used properly in a typo, just... as long as its thought thru properly

sometimes I personally use it to mix dark coloured, slight and very low opacity glow exactly behind the text(=position:0) with the actual, more bright coloured glow at very low opacity. actually to see what i mean check the signature i am using

although I do agree that it has the potential to ruin the depth entirely.

Personally I don't recommend it. Specially for someone without much text experienced. I've seen many good artists failing HORRIBLY at it...

I was taught not to do it, as it's difficult, so I say this to others too since it's better not to start with the difficult things untill you perfect the basic ones

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Personally I don't recommend it. Specially for someone without much text experienced. I've seen many good artists failing HORRIBLY at it...

I was taught not to do it, as it's difficult, so I say this to others too since it's better not to start with the difficult things untill you perfect the basic ones

thats like telling not to experiement and fearing to fail, what you try you dont need to puiblish, but i atleast want to encourage trying it because failing teaches often more than succeeding...

then again this is one of those things that rises when it comes down to being taught to do things in photoshop vs learning yourself by experiementing, me obvioussly representing the latter.

and no I defineedly am not saying that I know a poop, but learning myself and being allowed to fail taught me much more than if i was told by people in internet not to experiement with some features, because they are difficult to use... or so i like to think.

anyway lets not derail blure's topic further than this :D

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
actually the arguing was quite interesting
I also learnt about PS by myself, but also got help with some festures from tutorials or friends :) Anyway , ATM I,m busy eith school projects and test papers, so I can't work so often anymore :p
Regards, Blure

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
alot of people came to me to make me teach them gfx and stuff ,, like ALOT ! u know what i always say ?
learning everything by yourself is the road to success.

Senior
Loyal Member
Reaction score
imo they arent bad but i think you are using way too many filters. The colours are way too intense. Also, try reading more tutorials to have some variance in your style, they all look really similar

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I found it on google images under "Pikachu Render"
Here it is:
Blure Shadow - Blure's Signatures - RaGEZONE Forums

After I learn a new style, I usually practice a lot, that's how I do it, so I can learn it better.

Cute! Stole this render! c; And.. nice signatures. Hehe.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Here's a game logo prototype I made for a friend :-?

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Here's a game logo prototype I made for a friend :-?

i like the idea , but you may wana change the font cuz i cant see/recognize what it says

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ididn't find many fonts that had splatter brushes with them .-. this was the most readable one.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Ididn't find many fonts that had splatter brushes with them .-. this was the most readable one.

i agree with sector... try using some regular font and make splatter brush layer above it using dozen splatterbrushes of your choise, then merge before adding layerstyle/effects

Rey

The Shrewd
Loyal Member
Reaction score
i agree with sector... try using some regular font and make splatter brush layer above it using dozen splatterbrushes of your choise, then merge before adding layerstyle/effects

thats exactly what i meant , thanks :)

Back