Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

fell in love with animating again...

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
KraMer - fell in love with animating again... - RaGEZONE Forums

yes i know i got little lazy with the sleeves as their animation is made of only 2 layers, but the rest should be pretty nice?

C&C appreciated

edit: incase some1 wants to use the render its

edit2:updated version with animation of sleeves improved

v3. improved it a lot more...

edit 4:now the hat is animated too

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
v5...animated rest of the clothes that would be affected by wind...but too lazy to add breathing effect as it would require moving every single animated part of the clothes...

yet another improvement..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
@scratch:well yea but that would require several days because then i would have to make several similiar versions of every animation of every animated part of the signature and in the end it would just increase amount of frames used in the signature thus making it bigger in size and slower in process

at the moment it contains 16 frames so it loads very fast and is suitable for forum signature usage.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
@scratch:well yea but that would require several days because then i would have to make several similiar versions of every animation of every animated part of the signature and in the end it would just increase amount of frames used in the signature thus making it bigger in size and slower in process

at the moment it contains 16 frames so it loads very fast and is suitable for forum signature usage.

I don't see how that would take days O.O, the only parts that actually need more animation detail would be the cape/ rain/ ponytail/ hat. Regardless I will agree with Scratch, more frames are needed in this animation.

As for the size, you could easily go down to a GIF with 64 colors keeping almost the same quality with far less data. With your 16 frames I took the image from 955kb to 546kb with no loss by simply taking out a few unneeded shades. (As you can see here, it is practically the same image, but half the size )

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
if i would make more detailed animation for cape and hat then i would have to make more detailed animation for sleeves, vest and the collar next to neck and if i did that i could butt well start animating from a scratch and make smoother animation for hair too and add a breathing effect..

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
added text animation...

edited the last lightning to be behind the character

and here again with the real size...damn photobucket resizing my images without asking!

Pessimistic butt@%&!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thats really good. First attempt at this?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
first time in years....last time i animated anything in photoshop was like 2 years ago and it was nothing as extensive as this.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
made a promo for an advanced animation tuto...imo its not half bad, but could still be better

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
Wow the animations are really cool, i could look at it for hours. the only thing i don't like is the moving thing in the background i think its the back of the cape.

Mythic Archon
Reaction score
This is very nice, excellent for a Photoshop animation!
The correct size one looks a lot nicer quality wise, there's also a nice amount of detail in this.
Keep up the good work, +1 & a like.

Selfish Bastard
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Looks kinda awesome, but i just can't be without thinking the animation without any "lagg" cuz it would be sick if it would be animation without any "delays" between the change of the images :O

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
i tried to take out the delas between the images, but it was far too fast, i even tried to make 1 layer tween with no delay between each frame and shortened the delay between " mainframes" to 0,1s, but unfortunately that either didnt look like very nice

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
It's good and all, but the frame rate makes it look rather.. low quality. It would look far better if you put the time an energy to make it oh say 50 frames at 10 frames per second or something of the sorts. Yes it will take a lot more time, energy, and work, but the outcome would be worth it.

Back