Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Photoshopmania '14

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
not having time to mess around with photoshop tends to push me slowly but surely to the snapping point, i think last time i touched ps before this weekend was in umm.. november?

anyway here goes nothing.

first off my latest, signature i quite like and few different sizes

and then set of request graphics

big animated banner

small animated banner

TitanMu static banner v1

AztecMu static banner v1

TitanMu static banner v2

AztecMu static banner v2

sub titles for advertising threads. speak for themselves

Master Summoner
Reaction score
My opinion:
- lighting is overdone on all the images
- the text looks bad for the advertising images. Normal Sans looks better

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I get often accused of overlighting my works... just to clarify thats a personal preference

anyway here's a one that definedly isnt overlighted.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
My opinion:
Now this one has no lighting :( Adding some bright areas and minimizing those areas brings out the full potential of the image. There are areas that need to be blurred and it looks a bit off on the right side (no smoke-like layer). Could be better, in my opinion

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I can tell it's been times since i touched ps last time before this since now im all full of ideas and doing stuff daily, here are the latest pieces

Master Summoner
Reaction score
My Opinion:
- First one text is bad. cant read it. Ofcourse the lighting and some of the effects are interfering with the render
- Second looks good. Text needs work. Have to really concentrate to see "Demon of black light." Lighting is better, but a little less would be better

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
My Opinion:
- First one text is bad. cant read it. Ofcourse the lighting and some of the effects are interfering with the render
- Second looks good. Text needs work. Have to really concentrate to see "Demon of black light." Lighting is better, but a little less would be better

on the first one that small text is unreadable on purpose, although I did write something that "makes sense" , as for the effects interfering with the render, thats done on purpose to give some depth, which they do, anyway the first one is kinda experiemental thing and "just a fast work" because i felt like doing something, but didnt have very much time to spend

as for the second one... to be honest this is first one in a while that Im not quite happy with and has been in works even before I even started the working on the ad-set, just gave it some finishing touches today and decided not to mess around with it any longer. and yes the text is a problem child as always for me.

as for the lighting.. like i already told ya it's part of how I work, my style and wont change that anytime soon

My opinion:
Now this one has no lighting :( Adding some bright areas and minimizing those areas brings out the full potential of the image. There are areas that need to be blurred and it looks a bit off on the right side (no smoke-like layer). Could be better, in my opinion

the whole idea with that one was subtlety and looking like ancient piece of work, not to mention if you cant find the lighting in it you really should take a closer look.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
latest [see im early today? usually i work all night long and only around 2-3am post complete one, now its not even midnight here yet]

Master Summoner
Reaction score
Looks good. Better than all your previous work. A solid 8/10

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Looks good. Better than all your previous work. A solid 8/10

Im quite happy with the latest one myself as well, however in my opinion it really pales in comparison to the animation in the big banner.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Where are your midtones... it is either extremely bright tints or exceedingly dark shades, there is not a single pure hue in place. Contrast is needed in a composition, yes, but if the only thing you have is contrast the saturation and vibrancy are lost.

Your last signature for instance, look at the Histogram of the colors used. The buildup in the light red part of the spectrum is extremely bloated and no other area plays as a balancing weight.

KraMer - Photoshopmania '14 - RaGEZONE Forums

The Zamiel signature, although better, still has the same problem.

Instead of contrasting with addition/ subtraction of black and white, use color to do the job. Whether you use complementary or analogous colors to build up the piece is up to you, but relying completely on the brightness ruins the composition.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
today's work

Master Summoner
Reaction score
This one is good, but meh, I like to see color in sigs. Compare to your previous one, this one looks like it has only 2 colors. Text is nice tho.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
... I know scanlines have been overused to the death... but here :)

edit: now that Im on my laptop, which I rarely use anymore, I do understand what you mean when you are critisizing how bright some of my works are.

Quess I need to adjust my desktop screens contrast- and brightness settings, because seems like they are far from default...

Last edited:
Master Summoner
Reaction score
not liking the recent one
- text needs work. Sans-type text are always better than the cursive type text (80% of the time)
- waaaay too much "red." imo, the color of the render should still be seen but blended into the sig. Here it looks like a red mask (layer) was put on top of the sig to make everything blend

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
used a few small tricks from a colleque's tutorial complete this one which was left incomplete earlier.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score
used a few small tricks from a colleque's tutorial complete this one which was left incomplete earlier.

Much much much better. Just look at how full and vibrant it is. Not so sure if the style or concept is to my liking, but as a composition it is much more appealing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have to say its not my style at all though, even if it does look good...

Master Summoner
Reaction score
see! colors are good!
- like wucas said, the colors make a sig more appealing (when used correctly)
- there are some areas that could be smudged (in the background) imo, will make the image a little better

its incomplete (like you said) but it looks good 6/10

Back