Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Tag] First Anime Tag

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hello, thought I'd submit some deviantart, and I'm going to share it with you guys as I'd like to get your opinion. :):

Bierlust
Reaction score
font is pretty bad actually, doesnt fit the style and colour of the bg doesnt match the render either. Should've gone for a soft orange or something...

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
font is pretty bad actually, doesnt fit the style and colour of the bg doesnt match the render either. Should've gone for a soft orange or something...

Orange?:laugh::laugh::laugh: Are you joking me?
And funnily enough the stroke is the exact same colour as the background, so idk what you're chatting about it doesn't match the background colour, lol.

Reaction score
Orange?:laugh::laugh::laugh: Are you joking me?
And funnily enough the stroke is the exact same colour as the background, so idk what you're chatting about it doesn't match the background colour, lol.
Sorry, I thought you asked for his OPINION? That's what he gave. Also, I don't really like it. Background does not really suit the render in my opinion, looks pretty basic too.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Hmmm.. it looks whole, and nothing really strikes as ugly or annoying.
But it really is very basic and kinda boring.
Looks like 5min signature, basically just render, background color, and some vector/tech brushes. There's no light, color, shadows, effects etc. It really looks like it's just copy-pasted render as it sits.

So visually, not bad.
Technically, bad.

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Actually, there's a lot of lighting if you use your eyes. I formed a shadow on the left side of her body, and lightened some of the area on her hair, as you can see on the bottom of the extension coming from her hair there is a slight dark patch, as where I lighted the rest of the hair. They're not brushes, it's a background with HDR toning, contrast and an outer glow I added. I added some basic snow flake-ish things, adding various sized white dots across the image, and yes, it is basic, it took me lessthan 5 minutes so I'm not going to make it advanced and graphically sophisticated, just a simple test and I thought I might aswell had post it. As for the orange thing, Jamie, lol, I asked for a rate and an opinion, not changes on the colour scheme, thanks for the feedback everyone.

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Actually, there's a lot of lighting if you use your eyes. I formed a shadow on the left side of her body, and lightened some of the area on her hair, as you can see on the bottom of the extension coming from her hair there is a slight dark patch, as where I lighted the rest of the hair. They're not brushes, it's a background with HDR toning, contrast and an outer glow I added. I added some basic snow flake-ish things, adding various sized white dots across the image, and yes, it is basic, it took me lessthan 5 minutes so I'm not going to make it advanced and graphically sophisticated, just a simple test and I thought I might aswell had post it. As for the orange thing, Jamie, lol, I asked for a rate and an opinion, not changes on the colour scheme, thanks for the feedback everyone.
Whatever man. You must understand I'm not trying to bash you. Just saying what it looks like to me. Of course it has lightning, but the lightning doesn't reflect anywhere except on render. The background, and its blending to render is what you, as a signature artist, should be focused on, as the render is already made by someone else. Yet the background doesn't blend with render in anyway, not with lightning/environment, not with theme, not with anything. So it looks just boring.

Basically, you take a beautiful image, crop it to a signature size, and it still looks nice. But when you ask people on constructive criticism, you're asking on opinions on YOUR work, which would just be cropping the image. Which is hardly anything special.
That's pretty much what we have here. You took a render, and you managed to not make it ugly.

Photoshop Design
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whatever man. You must understand I'm not trying to bash you. Just saying what it looks like to me. Of course it has lightning, but the lightning doesn't reflect anywhere except on render. The background, and its blending to render is what you, as a signature artist, should be focused on, as the render is already made by someone else. Yet the background doesn't blend with render in anyway, not with lightning/environment, not with theme, not with anything. So it looks just boring.

Basically, you take a beautiful image, crop it to a signature size, and it still looks nice. But when you ask people on constructive criticism, you're asking on opinions on YOUR work, which would just be cropping the image. Which is hardly anything special.
That's pretty much what we have here. You took a render, and you managed to not make it ugly.

The anime itself isn't my work, but I made it a render myself. It was fairly easy if I'm being honest, as there wasn't an awful lot to cut off, and thanks for the feedback. :):

GFX Maniac
Loyal Member
Reaction score
no blending, no lightning, no proper effects, bad typo no flow... hmm

Blending - A completely different backgorund would be better. The sci-fi tech brushes don't fit the render at all and the colours could even be different, try adding anime BG's, smudge ones or a nebula

Lightning - you made no efforts with it at all... no light source at all. I can't really say anything at all. With that BG, you won't be able to make a proper light source without making it look ugly.

Effects - A tech brush with outer glow put like that isn't really an effect that goes with an anime render like that... again, without a decent BG you won't be able to do anything...

Typo - Use gradients, symbols, size differences and interesting stuff.

Flow - completely wrong there... Character looking to the right, vecctors going to the left. You got the oposite of it.

Overall, this is not good. Well since it's your first anime tag I wouldn't be very worried about it. Train more and you will get a lot better. BTW, read this for some useful links

Back