WARNING to all private servers!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    416Posts

shout WARNING to all private servers!

RaGEZONE Recommends

RaGEZONE Recommends

As everyone knows, GameCampus sold their database to RedFox games, now RedFox is shutting down private server, if your server is popular you may be in a dangerous zone, they are attacking from everywhere, they are sending all the ''copyright thing'' to your web hosting and your dedicate server company, be careful you may be the next, if your server so popular RedFox may attack you and get down your server, i really dont know why are they doing this, if as far i know the RF files were leaked by them (CCR)?

I hope someone have a good answer to this, they are back to strike everyone.

Any moderator must explain this situation please, because theres not point to do a RF server if this going to happen.

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

Re: WARNING to all private servers!

This is nothing new.
    RF-Dev Team

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    2,183Posts

you are new huh?
    that is normal, and can happened to any private server, not limited to RF Online, even the other game such as infestation/war z, RAN, Lineage, Perfect World etc
    there's no way CCR leak it, who the heck told you this in the first place?
    someone leak it from CCR, you must be joking to say CCR release or leak it
    just dont host on US :v
    DMCA only work on there, not oversea if i remember correctly...
    sebelum dapet team noob T_T

Orang kok kayak kentut, datang2 bau abis itu ilang

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    20Posts

has anyone been hit by this? i know RF-war.com has a us based server and they are up. would think they would be down if this was rly going on by rredfox

ModeratorRank
    Apr 2012 Join Date
    2,183Posts

Quote Originally Posted by darthvapor View Post
    has anyone been hit by this? i know RF-war.com has a us based server and they are up. would think they would be down if this was rly going on by rredfox
    i'm not so sure but my friend (community leader of a RF community) uploaded email from CCR, which saying his group is being deleted just because it use RF in it's name, so perhaps CCR think it was RF Private server group and not community.
    sebelum dapet team noob T_T

Orang kok kayak kentut, datang2 bau abis itu ilang

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    20Posts

hmm thats possible. i guess ill need to get a new domain name. and go in and edit everything and get rid of "RF" tags and stuff to keep me out of the way for that stuff

MemberRank
    Aug 2011 Join Date
    MedanLocation
    46Posts

if you think this normal, maybe i think not, ( but if you talk about the copyright it's different. )
    as long as I play in the world of Novus as player
    to start in 2010 until today
    I never see them very actively to get rid of rf private server
    what happen to them? hmm ...
    or maybe 'redfox game' not interesting for player's rf online
    i don't know yet haha
    #just my estimate.

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    20Posts

see here is the thing i know for a fact. looked into this because of WoW and Blizzard. if the current retail server being sun is say 2232 and thats all retail servers are running. (meaning no retail 223 servers.) then you can infact run a 223 server because its no longer being offered as a service. and you are protected by laws in the US. also if you change 25% of the game its no longer considered their work but your own so your protected if you have changed 25% of the game.

True MemberRank
    Oct 2011 Join Date
    416Posts

see here is the thing i know for a fact. looked into this because of WoW and Blizzard. if the current retail server being sun is say 2232 and thats all retail servers are running. (meaning no retail 223 servers.) then you can infact run a 223 server because its no longer being offered as a service. and you are protected by laws in the US. also if you change 25% of the game its no longer considered their work but your own so your protected if you have changed 25% of the game.
    What do you mean? @_@ <3

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

This is so inaccurate , it gave me a headache even reading it.

You're wrong on every point.
    RF-Dev Team

MemberRank
    Jun 2016 Join Date
    20Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ron View Post
    This is so inaccurate , it gave me a headache even reading it.

You're wrong on every point.
    no im rly not. take WOW for instance if your running a server older than what current retail is you are fine. that is why you never see them being shut down. and its 100% true if you alter 25% of any game it is no longer considered their work"ccr" or w.e

The OmegaRank
    Apr 2005 Join Date

no im rly not. take WOW for instance if your running a server older than what current retail is you are fine. that is why you never see them being shut down. and its 100% true if you alter 25% of any game it is no longer considered their work"ccr" or w.e
    Again, you're wrong. Blizzard has and will continue to shut down private servers. Might want to stay up to date with recent news before you make bold statements like this.

World of Warcraft fans bid farewell to largest legacy server before shutdown | Polygon

However, they do only go after the servers that actually make money. If you're running a server with ~20 players max, they wont give a flying fuck about you.

".... modding over 25% of the game...." - this statement is completely false. I've been in the scene for over a decade... literally. Trust me, you're wrong on every point you've attempted to make.
    RF-Dev Team

True MemberRank
    Feb 2009 Join Date
    MERICALocation
    741Posts

Yea I heard about this and players tried to petition it to stay online but blizz laughed at them!

True MemberRank
    May 2014 Join Date
    305Posts

lol i can confirm CCR is shutting down facebook groups however non of my 4 servers have gotten any type of shut down notice nore have any of the larger rf servers. i am also based in the US as well as my server and so far no email no shut down my server is still online but i can confirm they are attacking facebook groups with rf in the tag

SubscriberRank
    Dec 2009 Join Date
    .\..\SysWOW64Location
    316Posts

Just calm. it is Normal. RF Private server population is greatly increased,
    Now is the time for them to hunt you and shutdown yourr server with various reports of abuse and DMCA.

Like this ?.......

and this ?......
    My Skype : hanry.roslaw
    Facebook : roslawdev
    Roslaw Patch Maker & Roslaw HackShield

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Advertisement