Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Best Age of Music?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well, this is more of a "What year were you a teenager" thread, but what period had the best music and why? Debate it. I want to say, PRESENT DAY! All of these morally correct lyrics and well-thought out lyrics, make this period of time the best! People in future generations will look back on us and think "Wow, there were some GENIUSES and some TRUE musical prodigys. 'Ahh! Skeet Skeet Skeet Skeet! Ahhh! Skeet Skeet!'" Kidding. I was quite a fan of 70's and 80's Rock, But that just me. Lets hear your Opinions.

~BRAWL!~

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
It's pretty impossible to factually declare an era as 'the best' for its music.

But I'll go ahead and say the 60s for it's innovation/revolution of music and the spawn of countless genres.

Though I preffer listening to 21st century stuff mostly (I think?).

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
has to be 60's to 70's.

without bands like the Smiths, and the Kinks we wouldn't have the indie scene of today.
It was also the era of the mod following which you had The Who and The Jam great bands.

off topic but worst era has to be 80's to 90's.

You get things (sub-human bands) such as Iron Maiden, Pink Floyd and the rest of that dirty metal era, still thank god rave in the 90's stop just noise.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Did that guy just call Pink Floyd a 1980s metal band?

Wow. That's pretty damn far off the mark. Gotta love people who hate bands they obviously haven't heard.

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I prefer 90's Rock (like Rage Against The Machine and GNR (although they were mainly the 80's)) but I guess it has to be the 60's which renovated the music world.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
I like anything BUT 80s, 70s, 60s, etc..

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
It's Got to be '60's purely for its Musical Revolution, led by the almighty Beatles, and the '70's for the likes of John Lennon - Working for Peace - RIP

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
The 80's were a mistake... history should have jumped from 1979 to 1990 and never have demonstrated the 80's at all...

Rather than look at a time period for my favorite music, I listen. ^^

Anyways, I'd have to go with the 70's.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I like any generation of music, the one I don't know is from the 80s... introduction of electronic music... *shudders*

Electronica, Synthesizers, etc are actually cool if you know what you're doing with them.

Just look at Dream Theatre's Octavarium and some of Muse's uses of the Synth.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I like 80's and 90's Rock. My second favorite type of music.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I don't really care who renovated "the music world"the thing "whithout this or that band/person there wouldn't be any music like this today" and stuff like that... There would be something else for sure, the world wouldn't just stop...it would be something different.

I myself love this era currently, metal and stuff and altho i'm still a teenager...it's just my way.

Reaction score
I don't really care who renovated "the music world"the thing "whithout this or that band/person there wouldn't be any music like this today" and stuff like that... There would be something else for sure, the world wouldn't just stop...it would be something different.

I myself love this era currently, metal and stuff and altho i'm still a teenager...it's just my way.

No the world would not stop, but we would still be listening to 60's music like the beetles today if they had not revolutionized music. Yes there could have been something else but we cannot guarantee that hard rock and metal would have been invented without them :p

Evil Scottish Overlord
Legend
Reaction score
I think it's down to a matter of opinion - one person can say the 80's, the other can say the Renaissance (like hell).

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
No the world would not stop, but we would still be listening to 60's music like the beetles today if they had not revolutionized music. Yes there could have been something else but we cannot guarantee that hard rock and metal would have been invented without them :p

Music isnt just invented like that.. its a different type of music that people dont or do like, and has a different name.. example: normal rock like Muse can't be called hardrock.. but Disturbed CAN be called rock, because not everyone knows the difference between rock and hardrock..

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Music isnt just invented like that.. its a different type of music that people dont or do like, and has a different name.. example: normal rock like Muse can't be called hardrock.. but Disturbed CAN be called rock, because not everyone knows the difference between rock and hardrock..

Rish had a point there, but i don't understand yours... Disturbed as a rock band? Don't think so... Not that i know much about rock and stuff, but since when can screaming vocals, high shredding guitars and double bass pedals be called as a something of a rock genre? I mean, it can, but rock is slow :p

Back