Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

In a band? There are somethings you need to know. [updated 03/29/11]

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
this is like typing CHANNEL SURFING in age of mitology

very nice tips, ive been playing guitar for some time and always wanted to make a band with some friends of mine, this tips might work for us since our principal discussion issue for doing it was that ppl get to know us

Slothstronaut
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread but since it's a sticky and it's a Guide I don't see why I can't reply. Anyways;

Another good way to get "out there" is to burn say 50 Copies of your CD, and find a store nearby and ask whoever is in charge if you can have your CD's on display at the counter. Include a little flier too, could be containing information about you, your band/group, next gig, w.e Just give them maybe 10 or so CD's to put on the front counter for people to take. (Free of course, you gotta spend money to make money)

Another good way to get your music heard and recognized is to just give your CD's out to people you know or don't know. I've handed out quite a bit of my Demo CD copies to random people walking down the street. Now, obviously there's a certain risk with this lol but I don't give a poop and I'm willing to do w.e it takes, so far every person has taken the CD with no problem.

And of course there's always the internet. We all know how fast information can and does spread over the internet. If all else fails, Hell, you could even make a bunch of YouTube accounts and view your videos or just pay someone else to lol

Hmm, CDBaby, is it a 120% legit site that can be trusted to do what they're supposed to? If so then I'm so glad I decided to read this thread.

Last edited:
Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the info, I will share the link with my band

Daemonsring Developer
Reaction score
Thanks, this is quite usefull to me and my friends.

Reaction score
Updated 7/8/2020

Added some social media info.

Note: Sadly, I'm no longer in the audio industry so I probably wont update this too much further. ALL of the information as of this post is still accurate, and worth knowing.

Back