Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

Reaction score
Saw this on the MTV movie awards a few days ago and loved it.

Coldplay - Viva la Vida

Don't mind the video though...

I also found this guy doing a cover of it, not as good as the original, but they did a very good job.

Last edited:
Initiate Mage
Reaction score
lol I thought I was the only person that liked this song >.>;

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Coldplay are a top band they always seem to come up with good music :)

Cant wait for their new album i hope its good.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
w00t more Coldplay fans all my friends dont like them :(
their music is so pieceful :D

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Just downloaded there new album and what can i say i like it :) I wouldn't say its one of their best but its good :)

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I Ducking love this song, even more than I love clocks.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Viva La Vida or Long Live Life (in translation)

Yea its a great song, after it being on MTV it was the no. 1 download on iTunes. They also have a good new song from the album coming out called "Violet Hill" you can listen to it exclusively on their myspace :)

Enjoy!

duck you, I'm a dragon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Did anyone listen to the lyrics by the way? They're pretty deep, my guess is they're making some reference to America and how it's power is crumbling.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think it's more about Jesus than anything, which kinda suprised me, Coldplaying christian rock? lol.

But yeah, my analysis, line for line:

I used to rule the world
Seas would rise when I gave the word
Now in the morning I sweep alone
Sweep the streets I used to own

Jesus, being God incarnate in a humanly form was given the ability to control the world.
He was able to control the seas.
I'm not too sure on this but I think this is a reference to his betrayal by Judas.
I think the last line is a reference to any catholic, someone giving god authority over them.

I used to roll the dice
Feel the fear in my enemy's eyes
Listen as the crowd would sing,
"Now the old king is dead, long live the king!"
One minute I held the key
Next the walls were closed on me
And I discovered that my castles stand
Upon pillars of salt, pillars of sand

Lines 1-2 is a bit esque, and I don't think has any importance but outlined in my last verse analysis. I think lines 3-4 is something to do with the courts and king of Jerusalem.
Next few lines, figuratively represent his loss of influence over people in Jerusalem, because of the propaganda from the Jews and King. Literally, I think this is a reference to the story told by Jesus of a wise man building his house on gravel and rock whilst the foolish man built his house on sand and it was washed away by the sea.
Overall this verse is meant to be seen as the decline of Jesus' influence, his leadership, etc. Basically his decline.

I hear Jerusalem bells a ringing
Roman Cavalry choirs are singing
Be my mirror my sword and shield
My missionaries in a foreign field
For some reason I can't explain
Once you know there was never, never an honest word
That was when I ruled the world

This is where it clicked, where I started analyzing it from a biblical point of view, as it has clear biblical ideologies. Line 3 I think is a catholic's depdendance on God, and a reference to the Prayer. The next line I think is about Jesus' desciples and followers spreading the word of God in foreign lands, example; the influence of christianity on Emporeror Nero in the 5th century, thereby making the Empire of Rome a strictly Christian nation. The last 2 lines, again I think is a reference to Jesus' betryal and that the world was full of exchanges of false promises and lies, resulting in his death.

It was the wicked and wild wind
Blew down the doors to let me in
Shattered windows and the sound of drums
People couldn't believe what I'd become
Revolutionaries wait
For my head on a silver plate
Just a puppet on a lonely string
Oh who would ever wanna be king?

I know for a fact this is a reference to the new testament, John the Baptist and The Book Of Mark. Though I can't really be assed to explain -.-

Oh and a line I missed somewhere about Saint Peter, that means Jesus being accepted into Heaeven (Saint Peter at the gates of heaven).

Nice song, really like it.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
The song and the Band Ducking own and thats all there is to it ><

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a Coldplay fan myself, they are a good band but just not a band i could listen too much. But tbh this song kicks some serious butt, the vid goes with it great too. Also bought the CD today for my step dad for fathers day tomorrow.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
This is where it clicked, where I started analyzing it from a biblical point of view, as it has clear biblical ideologies. Line 3 I think is a catholic's depdendance on God, and a reference to the Prayer. The next line I think is about Jesus' desciples and followers spreading the word of God in foreign lands, example; the influence of christianity on Emporeror Nero in the 5th century, thereby making the Empire of Rome a strictly Christian nation. The last 2 lines, again I think is a reference to Jesus' betryal and that the world was full of exchanges of false promises and lies, resulting in his death.

[idiot historian mode activated]

I think you will find, good sir, that Nero was a 1st century emperor known for his harsh persecutions of Christians. For the first Christian emperor you want Constantine, who was 4th century.

Just sayin'

Song sucks, btw.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
[idiot historian mode activated]

I think you will find, good sir, that Nero was a 1st century emperor known for his harsh persecutions of Christians. For the first Christian emperor you want Constantine, who was 4th century.

Just sayin'

Song sucks, btw.

A mistake of name, sorry for the hurt I've caused you.

And why is it you always have to be the voice of opposition? It's getting a tad annoying now.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
There was some guy bitchin about how Coldplay stole his song, lmao. the guy was on AOTS, some time like friday? cant remeber.

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
Yeah, If they asked me to come on live TV and talk, i would be like, *hangs up*

It was humorous :p

Back