Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Hello, FL Studio Users

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hey,

Just thought I'd drop by a few questions I have for anyone who produces/screws with/randomizes stuff with music via "FL Studio" (Fruity Loops (Image-Line))

I've never had this problem before until this new laptop, but when I export my song via MP3 or WAV song s treble is turned WAY down, and the bass is turned up extremely high. I've tried to adjust and master everything except it doesn't want to turn up correctly.

Also, If you are a FL studio user, how long have you been messing/seriously using it. What do you find that you like about it, what do you dislike about it?

Would you recommend a different software? Why?

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ableton, look no more.

Right, can you do a little more then just say "Ableton"? I've done minor work with ableton, when I mix music, I every so often will switch to ableton to just try it.

What do you like about it? What makes it better in your opinion?

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Fl is good for learning and Creating stuff But I would rather use Ableton live because Its more Dynamic and more flexible to be creative
but it doesn't really matter what you use because if you know how to use it the possibilities are endless.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
Ableton is in my opinion, the DAW with the best workflow. It's easy to get started with, has a userfriendly interface and has a wider use in a professional context. While FL Studio has improved to become a full-fledged DAW for Studio environments, I still think it's lost a bit of it's touch. There's too many buttons and knobs, and it's easy to get lost. Whereas Ableton has everything organized for you from the get go. I'd also say Ableton gives you all the features you'd need without much tinkering. It's been awhile since I've used FL Studio, and tbh, after I made the leap, I've never looked back.

Binji also makes a crucial point with his last sentence. The DAW is only as great as it's user. If you feel more comfortable with FL, then stick to it. If you're just starting off, I'd suggest going with Ableton. Making music is more than the DAW. To understand how to fully utilize the DAW, you'll need to get into a lot of music related theory. However, for starters, I suggest you just try different things out, and once you've got comfortable with the DAW, you can move unto more serious stuff.

Last edited:
人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ableton is in my opinion, the DAW with the best workflow. It's easy to get started with, has a userfriendly interface and has a wider use in a professional context. While FL Studio has improved to become a full-fledged DAW for Studio environments, I still think it's lost a bit of it's touch. There's too many buttons and knobs, and it's easy to get lost. Whereas Ableton has everything organized for you from the get go. I'd also say Ableton gives you all the features you'd need without much tinkering. It's been awhile since I've used FL Studio, and tbh, after I made the leap, I've never looked back.

Binji also makes a crucial point with his last sentence. The DAW is only as great as it's user. If you feel more comfortable with FL, then stick to it. If you're just starting off, I'd suggest going with Ableton. Making music is more than the DAW. To understand how to fully utilize the DAW, you'll need to get into a lot of music related theory. However, for starters, I suggest you just try different things out, and once you've got comfortable with the DAW, you can move unto more serious stuff.

With Ableton it seems like (making music) would not be as affective. I guess I'll actually have to give it a shot before I say much but it sounds like its more tuned like Sony Acid. Input wavs.

I want to move off of FL studio as its super confusing sometimes. I do see your point with all the buttons and knobs, but its super complex of a tool for creating music. But it's a little to overly complex..

Overly Complex Sound making program.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
FL Studio used to be easy to get into, but as the years went by, it kind of lost those aspects. While Ableton has had a solid foundation to build up on for years. You don't have to input wavs to make music with Ableton. You have a piano roll, and it's easier than FL Studio. I suggest you check up some tutorials on Ableton, see how it goes.

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Loyal Member
Reaction score
FL Studio used to be easy to get into, but as the years went by, it kind of lost those aspects. While Ableton has had a solid foundation to build up on for years. You don't have to input wavs to make music with Ableton. You have a piano roll, and it's easier than FL Studio. I suggest you check up some tutorials on Ableton, see how it goes.

I will do, thanks Manova!

Reaction score
Producing is my job.

Have you tried listening to the bounced audio on a different source. If so, was the quality the same? It could be your laptop's output EQ and have nothing to do with FL.

Like the others are saying Ableton is a fantastic program for creating music, another good one if you're on a mac is Logic.

I personally use Pro Tools, Ableton, Logic Pro everyday. None of these are cheap fyi. But in the music world you get what you pay for.

Reaction score
What kind of music do you produce DaCheat, if I may ask?

I work out of various studios in Minneapolis, but I'll record anything people are willing to pay my time for.

In Minneapolis it's mostly rap, indy stuff, metal. I'd kill to get a good punk band in sometime. Also do super different stuff like Spanish Jazz/Turkish-pop stuff like that.

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I work out of various studios in Minneapolis, but I'll record anything people are willing to pay my time for.

In Minneapolis it's mostly rap, indy stuff, metal. I'd kill to get a good punk band in sometime. Also do super different stuff like Spanish Jazz/Turkish-pop stuff like that.

Minneapolis? I live in Chanhassen, Moving to shakopee soon!

I worked with one of my friends when he lived here with me. He does producing aswell. He let me try logic on his mac. It's pretty legit.

I figured the problem must just be the sound card on this laptop, as I don't have this problem with any other of my laptops/desktops.

Reaction score
Minneapolis? I live in Chanhassen, Moving to shakopee soon!

I worked with one of my friends when he lived here with me. He does producing aswell. He let me try logic on his mac. It's pretty legit.

I figured the problem must just be the sound card on this laptop, as I don't have this problem with any other of my laptops/desktops.

Nice!

Yeah to me it sounds like your audio card has an EQ setting that was set. I know a lot of people crank the bass on EQs. I'm sure if you found that setting somewhere, but all the frequencies at 0db it'd fix your issue.

人◕ ‿‿ ◕人
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Nice!

Yeah to me it sounds like your audio card has an EQ setting that was set. I know a lot of people crank the bass on EQs. I'm sure if you found that setting somewhere, but all the frequencies at 0db it'd fix your issue.

Exactly what it was, This laptop has Altec Lansing speakers, and some custom software. It's been reset and it sounds decent again.

Last edited:
Back