Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Music Genres

The Shaman of Sexy!
Legend
Reaction score
Hey guys,

What Music in todays world do you all think thats taking people by storm ? Meaning most popular etc. But most importantly why ?

I myself use too constantly listen too Trance, Hardcore & D'n'B most of the time. But then over the course of the last several weeks my music tastes rapidly changed but in a weird way 0.o. Instead of listening too what I stated above, I found myself listening Soft Rock, and abit of heavy metal. Although personally I'm still trying too adjust too heavy metal. I suppose though I've learned too appreciate quality guitar and well wrote lyrics too music, where as before I just use too live for the beat.

Realisticly though I blame Guitar Hero lol. So whats your story/opinion ?

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
The most popular music is usually the music that is heavily advertised thus making it cool even if its crap like some pop or emo bands. Oh and also slipknot. :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
More and more people are actually listen to hard rock these days. Whether is be metalcore or numetal. That and electronica music.

Skilled Illusionist
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Emo beats everything here... sucks...damn those kids...

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Rap around here, every kid from the ''streets'' want to be a rapper.

Legendary Battlemage
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Hip-hop/rap (kanye west, 50 cent..), rock and indie (the kooks, linkin park, nickleback....) , and rythm and blues (rihanna, chris brown, ne-yo...).
And imo the music nowadays sucks.

And in my area people like "new monkey", and rave.

Account terminated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
The most popular music is usually the music that is heavily advertised thus making it cool even if its crap like some pop or emo bands. Oh and also slipknot. :p

posted so we should know that you don't like Slipknot?

i know what people listen to just from outside - cars, open windows, cellphones - and today all genres listed above will be the most popular imo. sadly they will...
Weve wrote it in exact words - it sucks.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Most people where I live listen to rave or something like that, whatever it is, really sucks balls though in my opinion, I mean who wants to listen to a furby sing?

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Indie/Alternative and Hardrock/Metal and Classic are most important for me. Yesh, I love listening to certain Classic masterpieces.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nick, new-rave is awesome -.-

Hadouken!

anyways.

Yeah he's right, around here it's mostly heavily advertised/commerical garage crap. The emo thing isn't really that big here.
A lot of it is either garage or that furby crap he was on about, don't know what genre to put it in.

Though, I've found it that playing rock/metal to people who generally don't like it (They think) and instead of asking them to like it because it's awesome, just appreciate it; the lyrics, structure, theory behind it, all that jazz - and then they understand it more.

The closest thing people come to rock/metal round here is Nickelback - rockstar, lawl. And that's just utter Dangle-Plums.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
My Fav genre is Post-Hardcore and Acoustic and none of my mates like it :p there all into Dj Testio or w/e.

Get Smashed Gate Crash! XD

/Fate

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
heh....just turn on ur TV on a Music channel and that's the most listend :)

Reaction score
I'd say most people listen to RnB/Rap/Hip Hop collaborations, stuff like T-Pain, Timbaland, Rihanna, etc.

Personally I call that entertainment, it's not good enough to be called music by my standards. When you have 50 people recording one simple track in less than an hour, using the artist simply as an icon to represent the so-called music as an advertisement for your marketing campaign, you get music people are brainwashed to like because of how overplayed it is all over the media for the sole purpose of making as much money as possible.

Reaction score
Realisticly though I blame Guitar Hero lol. So whats your story/opinion ?
You came as a regular guy that parents would be proud off... you came back as a rock fan and a stoner. :D

Anyway i'm a rock fan myself, most of my music is rock anyway, some of the bands i got on my pc are Kane (Dutch band, love their music, it's English btw so some of you might want to check out their last cd everything you want), Jack's Mannequin, Linkin Park, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Muse, Dire Straits, Nine Black Alps, Green Day, Remy Zero and some more, most of it is rock or alternative rock.

Outside rock i do have some music, but it's mostly just a few songs that i really like, for example i'm not a rap fan, but i think Eminem - Stan is a amazing song, the lyrics are brilliant, the video was very good aswell, and Dido's voice gives the song something different. Though i must admit that i like some of Eminem's and D12's lyrics aswell, they are just to funny sometimes.
You know why my hands are so numb? (No)
Cause my grandmother sucked my penis and I didn't cum (oh)
Smacked this lady for talking crap (witch)
So what if she's handicapped, the witch said Bizarre couldn't rap
I Ducking hate you; I'll take your drawers down and rape you
While Dr. Dre videotapes you (hell yeah!)
Don't got much rap, got some bits and pieces from other places aswell, but atleast 80% is rock.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
electro wobblefunk fused with italo disco produced on 8bit computers

=)

Legendary Battlemage
Reaction score
I myself enjoy listening to DnB,Trance,Hardore and Hardstyle. Tho i find myself fond to rock too. Everyones different so i personally think that you cant ask, what's most listened, cause everyone has they're own taste of music and other thing's imo.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Personaly ive drifted from Rock - just doesn't have the effect it used to.

Im into Hardcore now as it gives me life/energy and hypes me up whilst gaming

But i still love to listean to Paramore and Madina Lake everynow and then

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alternative, Hardrock, Metal , Rock , J-Rock, Nu Metal, Punk

Back