Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Rap Unveiled

Supreme Arcanarch
Loyal Member
Reaction score
He pretty much just took all of the lingo out of rap, and put it straight forward...

If you think that this is all rap is about then you don't know what is rap dude. ;]

I can say that metal and metalists are ugly and stinky because they don't go to showers.
I can say that POP listeners are gay and emo because I just don't like this music.
I can say that electro, house, dnb listeners are all drug addicts.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
If you make fun of a music genre atleast be funny..

Reaction score
I can say that metal and metalists are ugly and stinky because they don't go to showers.
I can say that POP listeners are gay and emo because I just don't like this music.
I can say that electro, house, dnb listeners are all drug addicts.

Pretty much agree with all of that. lol

I post videos like this for all types of music. I just haven't posted one in a while so it might seem I'm only targeting rap. Most of you should know by now with the various rap threads we've had, that I res pest old school rap, before it turned into this pop rap sh*t that it is today.

You listen to "most" pop rap today they'll all say this same message, just with clever lyrics masking it. Here's a few examples from the radio...

Usher - Love in this Club
Flo Rida - Low
Akon - Smack That
Nelly - Hot in Here
Kelis - Milkshake

And the list is endless.

Jon Lajoie (the guy singing in the first vid I posted) is the number two comedian in Canada right now. Which is what makes that video funny.

Now you two seem to always be the one to talk down anyone saying anything negative about rap. I say prove us wrong. You can say all you want, but if you don't defend it by giving us proof you're only getting the job done.

I'm counting on you guys to get the rap scene started in here.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I admit that a lot of the new artists have some shenanigans messages, but there are still "rappers" not pop rap...but rap, who give out meaningful messages.
As for Pop Rap, Gym Class Heroes' Cupid Chokehold, although it might seem to be the same as most pop rap out there, if you listen to the whole song it'll show a different story. As well as Akon...who has a few songs with a decent message. Just goes to show that not all pop rap is shenanigans, and that even some artists who have shenanigans songs with shenanigans messages, there are still some with meaning. By shenanigans messages i mean the little list you have there.

And really the pop rap "artists" who give a bad name to pop rap itself, is the list of artists here, excluding many.

So overall...I agree and disagree at the same time, because it's true that pop rap has been sending out really lame messages lately, but there are still some artists that send actual good messages. There are always exceptions...

As for RAP itself...there are many artists with genuine and real messages.

Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Erm is this ment to be funny? I find it hard to believe this guy is actually a comedian.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I found it hilarious, modern rap at its best ;-)

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This is the piece that made him famous as a comedian:

I find that one much better than the one about women.

Reaction score
Ok so this doesn't have anything to do with this thread, I just didn't want to start a new thread...

This is a rap song, about your Everyday Normal Guy. I'm not poking fun, because this is actually pretty good...(which could mean it sucks, I guess I dont listen to much rap. :s so if it sucks, I sorry.)

But I found it funny.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Ok so this doesn't have anything to do with this thread, I just didn't want to start a new thread...

This is a rap song, about your Everyday Normal Guy. I'm not poking fun, because this is actually pretty good...(which could mean it sucks, I guess I dont listen to much rap. :s so if it sucks, I sorry.)

But I found it funny.

I posted the same thing 2 posts above you...
It's meant to be funny btw.

Back