Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

What is a good song to you?

Slothstronaut
Loyal Member
Reaction score
What do you think makes a song good? Is it the lyrics? The beat? The tempo? The meaning behind the lyrics, all of these put together? Or none of these? What separates your favorite song from the latest mainstream pop-hit?

For me, when I analyze a song, if you even want to call it that, I look at 3 things. The lyrics, meaning of the lyrics and the beat. Nothing else matters to me as long as these 3 things are in line. Meaning, you have to have lyrics that make sense, have an actual meaning behind them besides just to make a hit-song or millions of dollars, and depending on the type of song it has to make me unwillingly nod my head.

Reaction score
To start off with, great idea for a thread.

I must agree with your preference. However it also depends on what genre I'm listening to - things such as Hardstyle or House don't always have lyrics, and only have a good beat. It doesn't make it a worse song, and I still enjoy listening to it.

A small example (the meaning of the lyrics in this song isn't a great example though - however the lyrics do fit great in the song imo)

A better example (2 of my favorite songs):

Pee Aitch Pee
Reaction score
Since I listen to hardstyle a lot, it's about the melody imo.
I wouldn't care less if it has crappy lyrics.

For example, euphoric hardstyle:

Euphoric hardstyle with lyrics:

Then you also have raw hardstyle, which is much harder and doesn't always contain lyrics.

I also like to listen to trance, chillstep and drum & bass.

Success and nothing less
Reaction score
To me it's all about originality. Original arrangement, melody and lyrics. However, melody is the most important part of the song to me. I enjoy melodic songs the most(EDM), but I listen to all types of genres.

Back