Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

-3v3- Flow v All?[VOTE NOW]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
yea i go for B too, urs are awesome flow but i like kikkis, manuals and viets better )=
love ur last one though =)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Alright, I'm going to vote and then provide a CnC on all of them, so I can make this a useful exercise.
I have to go with TEAM B, they just had the better sigs as a whole group.

I'm going to be honest and harsh on these CnC's, you guys are artists, I hope your prepared for criticism.
CnC

TEAM A
Flow - First Sig: Some awesome effects and some great colours but the background is terrible.
No blending at all and the renders are just too small on that huge background.
No text makes it look a bit incomplete. There would be some depth but the background throws off any change of that.
Too much negative space kills this one.
The renders are a bit too small for this to be effective, and those effects, while lovely are also too small, it just doesn't provide the WOW factor.

Flow - Second Sig: Your best out of the three you entered. Awesome colour combination.
Good effects and it has some flow.
Again, no blending and not enough depth to make this one stand out.
Good action, but the lack of text again, makes it look incomplete.

Flow - Third Sig: Not a great sig overall. Nice colour and a bit more blending this time but it's quite boring.
Too much empty space, the background isn't interesting enough to be shown that much of.
Nice lightening effect around the render but there isn't much flow in this one.
Again, no text makes it look incomplete, at least a bit of text could have fattened it up a bit.
A better sense of depth in this one, but it just doesn't seem to POP either.

Flow - Overall: The second one, to me, was clearly your best, you excel at fun sigs with cool colours, rather than very serious sigs. Try to work on your depth, blending, and always add text. I know this was a limited choice of render contest but you need to work on choosing the right ones, sometimes you need to spend a lot of time picking out a stock or a render that works well. :D Good job and good luck with the rest of your work.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TEAM B
Manuel - First Sig: Some very nice colours and very good effects catch my eye right off the bat.
There is some depth but too me it looks like a forced depth, it's not just about sharpening the front and blurring the back, you need to put a little perspective in it.
Good action shot, but a little too much of the render is obscured, making the front a bit chaotic and too random.
Not enough flow in this one and no text makes this one look a bit unfinished.

KikiKANNIBAL - Second Sig: Some pretty cool things going on right here.
You used the render very well, and partially obscuring it makes this one look subtle.
Unfortunately you used a few too many colours. This render might have been a bit hard to work with because it didn't have very many base colours to start, but you shouldn't have added multiple colours that are on opposite sides of the colour wheel.
The sides are a bit empty but it is made up for by some of the awesome effects.
The flow is odd because of the V shaped lines coming up from the render, they should be going in the same direction as the claw.
Text could have looked pretty nice in this one but you didn't add it, maybe next time. :D

Vi3tb0i2ty - Third Sig: This one was my personal favourite, great job on that.
Some really nice effects coming out of this one, but too me, parts of it look just too much like C4D copy and pastes, although the placement is very nice.
Some awesome flow rising from the left bottom corner to the opposite right hand side.
Another false sense of depth in this one, it seems a bit like depth but it isn't enough to completely put a perspective on it.
You were the only one who added text to your piece but unfortunately the text isn't great.
Text needs to be the icing on the cake, the condiments of your sandwich, it's the last thing you add and it's one of the most important.
Using such big text was a bit of a mistake on this one, and just turning it into a clipping mask doesn't work in this sig.
There is also no blending, a common mistake that almost all of you made.

Team B - Overall: Your sigs are more complicated and a bit chaotic. More things going on, which works in some cases and not in others. Some really nice colours emerged from your team as well. The reason I picked this team is because they seemed more put together, this is probably because you each made one and Flow had to rush through three. You should all really work on your depth and your text because that was a common error among you all. Good job and keep it up!

So after this long rant, I hope you all learned something, keep at it, and if you want my opinion on something I would be happy to give it to you.
Thanks for reading!
~Peter

Mythic Archon
Loyal Member
Reaction score
holy crap...tht must've taken awhile eh >.<

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Team A --- 0
Team B --- 6
GL Flow.. Maybe next time try working with others ^^ Instead of "soloing"

The Cat in the Hat
Legend
Reaction score
I should have watched my mouth and not said/talked poop to DeadlyData telling him things like your are not welcome here because then I become the one who is truly not welcome here.

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Wow, Team A gets my vote :D:
Dude, that last one was pretty epic hot to me

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
hehe team b for me, apart from that ryu tag theirs was just awesome... ;)
sorry flow, yours where good as wel, but kyle and manual made the poop... meaning awesomeness imo..
gj all, kiu

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
I was only happy with my last outcome, IE third sig.

It was my first attempt at realism.

Thanks for all the C&C guys. Keep voting.

5-7

Divine Celestial
Reaction score
yeah, your 3rd sig is actualy kinda awesome, if you look at it a second time that is, I didnt see that he was coming out of something or was that not the thing you tried to do, looks like the thing ripped reality or something, I mean the blanka char looks like he jumpt trough a screen like look... idk what to call it... but yeah, it looks pretty awesome, just dont like the green of the bg... ;)

and second is pretty nice as wel, but wel team b just had a little better entries, but only a little better, so its close imo... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back