Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

GOTF - Gif animation allowed?

Should GIF Animation be allowed for GOTF entries?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Please vote in the poll if you think allowing gif animation entries should be allowed or not.

Master Summoner
Reaction score
There are certain animations that should be allowed and not allowed:
Allowed:
- text animations
- render animations (ones where you actually have to make a "still" render move)
- background animations (things move in the background)

Not allowed:
- clips of videos
- anything bigger than 400x400
- clips of any type of game

This is all I can think of atm. I think people may think that clips (of any type) of video should be allowed, but that would make the contest too easy (IMO). Having a size restriction also limits what people can rip and use in a created sig as well. Basically, I think gifs that are created and look as if the user actually made them should be allowed

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
There are certain animations that should be allowed and not allowed:
Allowed:
- text animations
- render animations (ones where you actually have to make a "still" render move)
- background animations (things move in the background)

Not allowed:
- clips of videos
- anything bigger than 400x400
- clips of any type of game

This is all I can think of atm. I think people may think that clips (of any type) of video should be allowed, but that would make the contest too easy (IMO). Having a size restriction also limits what people can rip and use in a created sig as well. Basically, I think gifs that are created and look as if the user actually made them should be allowed

Anything that has been taken from something that has not been created by that person will be disqualified. anyone can just get a clip from a game or movie and add text on it. It has to be all made by scratch, otherwise it will be a form of plagiarism.

All GOTF usually have a size restriction. Occasionally I have a 'FFA' with the size just to mix it up a little, but even then the limitations would be to background sizes.

I was also considering allowing animations in certain battles, but that I am not sure on at the mo.

Reaction score
I will bet that people will just vote for GIF's regardless of how they look...just because it is more technical.

So you can either go down the route of having a separate GOTF for GIFs or having a seperate prize for GIFs

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will bet that people will just vote for GIF's regardless of how they look...just because it is more technical.

So you can either go down the route of having a separate GOTF for GIFs or having a seperate prize for GIFs

I think that if it does get allowed (from the way it looks now, it will be) Then a lot of careful consideration will be put in place with what can and can not be allowed within the GIF.

I Personally don't think that this is a simple case of WOOHOO LETS ADD IT IN YAY ROFL. It is something that needs a set of rules just for the gif entries.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Thumb up .. :thumbup: 1 point for drksage .. I agree with you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back