Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[GOTF] Reincarnation.2 Voting

Vote for the best

• [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/KyResqU.png[/IMG]

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • [IMG]http://i.imgur.com/J5Ypyxp.jpg[/IMG]

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Rules
Do not vote for yourself
Do not vote for others
My Vote doesn't count, I know who the entrants are
You may NOT reveal which entry is yours until AFTER the voting

If any of the rules are broken, then that person will be disqualified, without hesitation.

Good luck, voting will end in 7 days from now.

Sorry its a day late, things went unexpected yesterday...

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Woah Woah Woah, the entries are AWESOME!!! Goodluck guys.

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
wow nice entries .. good luck everyone ~

dat face
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Still chocked on entry #4 winning the votes over entry #5

I think it would be better to start giving reasons why you guys vote for each entry.
entry 5 creator, You #REKT everyone even if you end up losing this round

I agree with you .. state the pros about the entry you choose n also the cons to entry you didn't like (can make the owner improve their weakness)..

Preparing
Loyal Member
Reaction score

I think it would be better to start giving reasons why you guys vote for each entry.
entry 5 creator, You #REKT everyone even if you end up losing this round

Cuz they like pikachu much more than darkrai? :p

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Cleaned this thread up. Anymore stupidness then actions other than deletion will be made.

The reason I made these comps were for fun this is a MMORPG forum, not a graphics forum. I feel people forget that sometimes.

2D > 3D
Loyal Member
Reaction score

@entry 5 creator, You #REKT everyone even if you end up losing this round
I voted entry 4 simply because the concept was better. Not everything can be based solely on aesthetics, even a graphic competition; there has to be a balance of both. Entry 5 had no concept, it was a render, a background, and some lighting effects placed over the image. Does it look decent? Sure, I like the look of it, but I also can't tell what the duck it is.

Entry 4 just screams "Pokemon" for me. It is bright, flashy, and in your face, exactly like it is meant to be. Sure, it could be done better with a few more effects, better renders, and more work, but that doesn't dissuade the fact that it accomplished to show the theme better.

Anyone can learn how to make signatures by watching tutorials online and just messing with the tools they are provided, the usage of that knowledge is how I judge. I can tell that contestant 5 probably has more experience in Photoshop, but instead of using that knowledge to make the theme concrete, he simply just made another sig with a different render. That just isn't enough for my vote.

On that note I want to say that all the entries were great, and even though I sound harsh, you were a close second entry 5. Keep up the good work.

Super-Moderator
Staff member
Super-Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for #3 . Here is my reasoning, which is just a matter of my personal opinion.

I just really love the combination of the blues, and the background seems to have a sort of space-like quality to it. To me this image looks like a snapshot of an intro scene before a battle. As they introduce each pokemon it shows them alone with an unreal type background, along with their name. (Imagine with me, the text flows in as they say his name, and he moves around and does something cool.) The kanji adds to this effect for me, I'm not sure what it says but it adds an authenticity for me. The light in the center (I guess that would be on his right wing) I see as something that moved over him during this cut-way intro, sort of like a spotlight.

#1 I like the colors, but it is very bright and busy feeling. That is probably what the artist was after in this one, but it feels a little too busy and muddled. I wish the pokemon was a little more distinguished from the background.

#2 How cute is Pikachu and Raiku? I love the background and the cute faces, but the one thing that kind of ruins it for me is the electricity in the center of them. I understand the purpose, and I like the electricity implemented into the background but as a focal point it is off for me.

#4 This one is my second choice. It makes me happy to look at it. The blue swirls and blurred pokeballs indicate movement to me. I feel as if pikachu just jumped down and knocked the balls out of his way. I like the use of the pokemon font as well.

#5 I'm with Wucas on this one. I looked at this a long time and I can't tell what it is. I like the dark colors, and appreciate the use of a less-mainstream pokemon, but I really can't tell where he ends and the background begins.

#6 The concept on this one is really cool, I like the silver look, but the I don't understand the text, and I don't think the font style goes with the image. Really if this was just a larger image of the pokeball with the reflection in it that might have been enough, I really like that idea. But as it is right now, the pokemon doesn't seem like he is in the right location to make that reflection.

Super entries, I hope there are many more to come in the future!

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I will have to do the last battle once I am back from download.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back