Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub)

Which one is the best?!

• Rey

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • Kyu

Votes: 10 52.6%
  • silly123

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

I know most of the people lurking in this section are too shy to post, so I guess making a poll would be better. This is the voting thread for the battle hosted by Kyu
Thread I'm talking about: http://forum.ragezone.com/f191/battle-price-winner-1089629/#post8559149

Now, if you are thinking: What the hell, is it this easy to win a subscription? Then I have good news for you because there will be more of these.

If you feel like posting why you voted for one particular signature please clearly state WHY.

1: Rey
alH28zA - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

2: Kyu
ysbDNqI - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

3: silly123
bl2520K - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

Goodluck to the participants,

Elian

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Reactions: Rey

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
Mehh i wanted Indigo :(

Btw when will the voting end?

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
I'm sorry I didn't explain further. But the sub you win actually is something Kreeate still owes me ;') So I cant change it.

Voting will end in like 2 days.

Oh! Alright I didn't know, and okay two days are more than enough although we need people to vote so im going to make a post on spamzilla about it.

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think I'll have a chance (since I have already lost the Photoshop file)... So, I've decided to vote for my sensei c: good luck rey!

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't think I'll have a chance (since I have already lost the Photoshop file)... So, I've decided to vote for my sensei c: good luck rey!

You could have a chance girl •_• your signature is good! I dont think its allowed for us to even vote but thanks <3

Custom Title Activated
Reaction score
I like Gyu's signature.

Mainly because, I'm already passed from the classic C4D GFX, People now or just me would actually just prefer the way of how you blend things without making them noticeable. And to be exact on what I'm trying to say is that, I like those things that look like some EDM album or Vaporwave kind of style look.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
Tbh I wouldn't go against that at all, he did a great job!

Reaction score
#2 Gets my vote just because its the least clustered.

#1 Would have been better if it had some sort of flow going from the bottom of the diagonally to the top. Also the grunge effect should not be on the face of the render imo.

#3 Almost voted for this one but the colour scheme is so overwhelming. You should have kept the colours calmer than you have here. That one gold/yellow layer that you have on top of the render doesn't need to be there for any reason it just adds more contrast to the tag which makes it too strong imo. Also you should have made the render a little bit bigger, you don't really need to fit the whole body of the render to make it look any good, it could have worked if you just made the render larger so all you see is the render from like the stomach area and higher.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
#1 Would have been better if it had some sort of flow going from the bottom of the diagonally to the top. Also the grunge effect should not be on the face of the render imo.
It does have a flow, zoom in and you will notice it infront of the character, also the grunge made it feel that the chacarter is standing behind the dust or so whatever, anyways thanks! ^_^
I vote in Rey signature. Also the word "Sector" Rey are you from a forum from Brazil called PPF?

Thank you mate! Can you tell us why you liked mine?

And also no, i'm known as Sector for about 2/3 years on ragezone and i opened maplestory private servers and been a gamemaster on alot of them.

Reaction score
It does have a flow, zoom in and you will notice it infront of the character, also the grunge made it feel that the chacarter is standing behind the dust or so whatever, anyways thanks! ^_^

Thank you mate! Can you tell us why you liked mine?

And also no, i'm known as Sector for about 2/3 years on ragezone and i opened maplestory private servers and been a gamemaster on alot of them.

The color combination was fantastic. And a not dead signature. Kyu signature is soo dead. Also i liked the image effects and corrections that you putted in your image.

Ah sorry, is because a guy from this Brazil Forum has a nick called Sector... Maybe he "picked" your name hehe.

Nowadays, good luck.

Reactions: Rey

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
Thanks alot mate! I'm happy that someone else has described the image like i do.

Hahaha well, there arent alot of Sector(s) but also that doesnt mean i'm the only one ^_^

Reaction score
I'm going to close the voting first thing in the morning tomorrow (for my timezone that is in a good 8 hours) so little time left to vote!
Anything can still happen!

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
Keep it for some more time, i cri evriteim.

Rey

The Shrewd
Reaction score
Thank you, sir!

Could you please provide us with more information why did you choose mine? Why did it catch your eyes?

2D > 3D
Reaction score
I voted for Kyu because there I have a certain soft spot for scan lines and glitched artwork. I do have suggestions for all of you though.
#justmy2cents #dontgetmad #youdonthavetolistentome #artissubjective

First I would like to note, working with tags that are already created is a witch. You have to reverse alot of effects which are not meant to be reversed. These are simply interpretations to get a meaning across, and by no means are finished products.

Rey: For you there needs to be more contrast, and although your comp is fairly well merged with the background, that texture on the front doesn't do it justice. I know what you were trying to do, in which the texure in front was either supposed to appear in front, or mesh with the entire comp, but overall it is just better to leave the render untextured. Either that, or modify the texture heavily, blurring it and changing the opacity to change the focus of it.

1) Darkened and up'd contrast (Everything in this comp is a midtone. that isn't what you want)
2) Lowered blue saturation (Blue easily over saturates a comp, especially when paired with red)
3) Removed texture from face (explained above, alternatively they could be made glares)
4) Added slight gradient mask (I was having a hard time getting the eyes to be the focal point, as such I just muted the rest of the comp)

alH28zA - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

Elian - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

(Skin got too white here, I couldn't help it though, not with the 10 minutes I allotted for this)

Kyu: Yours I really can't complain much about in terms of technical aspects. The black and white is a little under contrasted and it has a slight grain on it which i personally am not a fan of. When I edited this, I had to kill all saturation due to some grain which ruined my modifications to contrast. Also, I can't be the only one that is aching for a little color in this piece, even just a single tone to break the silence would do wonders.

1) Killed saturation and up'd contrast HARD (white is there, but blacks are missing)
2) Gradient mask on top right breaking symmetry (this comp is just too centered, it needs an anomoly)
3) Added RGB split to map (This added to your glitch effect, and even though it didn't turn out so well since I dont have the original type vectors, I think it adds depth)

ysbDNqI - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

Elian - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

Silly123: For you, since it dealt mostly with color and layout, I decided to just take your tag and make some modifications so you can kind of understand what changes I made.
1) Removed Brightness Contrast Mask (Over exposed your render)
2) Flipped image (The top left is always looked at first, use this to your advantage)
3) Recropped image (Using rule of thirds, I place the center of the face in the top left quadrant)
4) Shifted tones from yellow to reds and blues (Yellow has the least contrast of any color)
5) Used Gotham Type (Contrasts the organic waves of the render with strong corners)
6) Used white type (Contrasting dark tag)
7) Blurred background (Render and middleground were lost, needed depth)
8) Set text in empty space (Using rule of thirds, large negative space doesn't seem out of place)
9) Blurred character (Creating more depth in render)

You consistently over saturated the tag and didn't contrast enough. Also, alot of your edges are simply too sharp. Even facial structures are fairly organic, be careful how sharp they they look.

Download PSD:

bl2520K - [VOTING] Kyu's Battle - (Winner gets a 1 month red or purple sub) - RaGEZONE Forums

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back