Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

6 Powerful Tips to start creating your MuServer

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Not so great. But you tried.

Its simple. Just look at those top server. Easy as ABC. lol

Reaction score
Hi KarLi, is S3Ep1 still good to open ?
i mean with s13 out there.
It depends mate... Whats the goal? There are existing good and popular s3ep1
Bro something new/unique to the table! Target those who like s3e1 and check existing server for ideas.

I host 97d.. s1.. s2.
And they were fine.. but some failed for various reasons.. if u believe it u will get what u want come true!

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
Well in some cases you are right. But thats not enough nowadays, yes like 7 years ago this would've been great but now it's not important. Because if you want successful server you only need 3 things premium files (MUST BE S13E2 OR AT LEAST S13E1 OR S12) Premium website and premium antihack and buying some ads.
No matter what configurations you have
You have a team or not or whatever... players dont like old versions anymore you have to create newest version and you can instantly expect 100-200 online players even if your configurations are very unballanced
Servers that open with versions below season 6 or season 4 die very fast because lack of players no matter what configs they have.
I have my own server season 3 episode 1 everything balanced with my new idea of rena used as credits but it never goes up to 15-20 online players and i dont expect more.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Well in some cases you are right. But thats not enough nowadays, yes like 7 years ago this would've been great but now it's not important. Because if you want successful server you only need 3 things premium files (MUST BE S13E2 OR AT LEAST S13E1 OR S12) Premium website and premium antihack and buying some ads.
No matter what configurations you have
You have a team or not or whatever... players dont like old versions anymore you have to create newest version and you can instantly expect 100-200 online players even if your configurations are very unballanced
Servers that open with versions below season 6 or season 4 die very fast because lack of players no matter what configs they have.
I have my own server season 3 episode 1 everything balanced with my new idea of rena used as credits but it never goes up to 15-20 online players and i dont expect more.

That's bad.
but its okay. i'm still going to try open S3 Ep1. just for fun. :p

Reaction score
@Dode , i do agree but on some cases i dont either. It also depends what means SUCCESFUL for you! maybe for u it means to have players from all around the world and make money or whatever. For others is just to have specific players from their region. For others is to make cash only with new pplayers that dont know and just want to play fast.. it depends... And that can be achieved with free files aswell.. like many did with muemu s6+ and igcn... and scfmt.. and even lowerversions. Also players love old versions, its just they dont have muhelper and ppl are busy to play fully in game and want to leave afk instead with all the features like auto loot etc... so when a server doesnt have muhelper is slow and boring. Unless there is something special that helps them ease their game journey. Players are there, surely harder to achieve than newer seasons.. but u can see like jamaikamu 97d or arcanamu s2 those are succesful servers on low versions.. and thats because they have special features and are premium files etc.. goood team and brings good things on the table. i guess u need good advertising for ur s3ep1 to grow mate.. and everywhere! paid too.

everything is possible.. jst make it non usual server and u will get there with consistent effort and updates etc.

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think S1 to S3 is a niche market, and you're gonna need a global market to build up the player base. I recently opened up a S6 last year with a turn out of 600 online count (Philippine Market). I know of a Season 2 server in the Philippines that's doing quite okay roughly 300 online.

I'm actually gonna be working on a Season 2 Normal Stat (with a twist) project right now, and I have a loyal player base of around 100 people who've been with me ever since. The thing is the Philippine market isn't gonna cut it anymore, we have around 4,000 active players that all know each other (well the Guild Masters know each other), and they're all divided among different seasons.

I think a Season 2 would work out well assuming there would be other partners on different countries involved. If anyone is interested i'll leave this out here: Season 2 Project. The priority is just building a community of players of at least 500 players who wanna relive the old MU Experience.

The project must first come from the heart, for the love of the game, the money rolls in after.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Here's my tips.

1. When you get files read tutorials first! do use google search: mu server site:ragezone.com theres tonz of tutorials and you can get any server to work by reading those things without any help.

2. When you are newbie at server stuff, do not buy any server files! just experiment abit with different server files that are listed at ragezone, when you get the point how to manage with databases and server files then go bit advanced way...

3. Do never put online unfinished projects(do as alpha, beta, test etc.) you will loose playerbase in a matter of time if you put some crap online and let it live in undone state...

4. Allways check your grammar/language(some players are kind of picky about that matter and wont let you to live :D )

5. Do never ever be rude against your players!

6. Do never use words like: best, coolest, top, super etc in your server ad's.

7. Do never give your master passwords(hosted servers) to anyone you cant see(i mean like you live in usa and you give logins to xxx country guy/gal(seen alot problems with that)).

8. Before you starting your server project, think twice! Why do you need server after all? Its not like you can get millions of cash in 1 year...

9. Do not expect it is easy to get fame! It is real hard work to get into some top list.

10. Be ready to be hated! Be ready to hacked a lot(some idiots just love to hack your server)

11. When you buy host with files be sure they provide some security tips aswell.

12. if you have any problems that are not described in tutorials etc. go a head and post to: http://forum.ragezone.com/f193/ or to topic where you got files.

I kinda have propably a lot more to say but Karli said it allready ;) or spam to me into priv msg

Thanx and good speed!

Last edited:
Back