Accepting payments and sustaining your private server

MemberRank
    May 2013 Join Date
    UruguayLocation
    50Posts

note Accepting payments and sustaining your private server

Starting something I've been planning for so long now I just realize the problem of sustainability! Every private server kinda needs "donations" or simply sell in-game services like VIP memberships and some items, but accepting online payments can be a really tedious issue.
    Turns out most popular payment gateways won't payout unless you provide a bank account, and if you do that, pretty sure you'll need to declare that income to the government (hence apply VAT taxes and such).

So I was wondering how most server owners would overcome this issue, which platforms or payment gateways would fit better for us?

Personally, I'm not doing this for profit but pure fun; a side project I had in my mind since I was a child, so I'm thinking about something like an e-wallet... Or virtual debit card which can be both loaded and charged globally. Because I don't need to withdraw money for personal use, as long as I can use the same account to perform the payments I need to do like servers, hosts, licenses, and domain without the need to move the money between platforms.

I'm really looking for your thoughts on this

True MemberRank
    Nov 2009 Join Date
    428Posts

Re: Accepting payments and sustaining your private server

In case here in the Philippines, i am using Paymaya. I can connect to paypal or have a card wherein i can just withdraw the money. Players can just easily donate by just loading my account in convenience stores like 7/11 and some major shopping malls. However, i still on the process of implementing it :D, but i know it would surely work as i expect it.
    Signature removed due to rules violation

True MemberRank
    Jun 2011 Join Date
    CyberworldLocation
    336Posts

Re: Accepting payments and sustaining your private server

For PayPal, you don't need government shi* as far as I know. I currently use PayPal for payments and all I did was connect my bank to it (using cheque or login to bank account online) PayPal won't ask for any income taxes or such.

Advertisement