Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Anti SuspendThread

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hi, how r u? I hope that good :)
I'm working on a source anticheat of c++, and I dont have more ideas about block or prevent SuspendThread.
By example I use this code

PHP:
if(Event) {	if((ResumeThread(Event) > 0) || (SuspendThread(Event) > 0)) { 							ExitProcess(0);	}	}

The game run normal, I suspend the process and the antihack dont close the game, but when I Resume the process the antihack close the game by the function ResumeThread is major than 1
Thanks for read and I hope that u can help us. And sorry for my bad english :tongue:

Skilled Illusionist
Reaction score
u can´t check suspended thread on ring3 lvl (i think) just check for exit code and restart it

Hint: add your checks on render or protocolcore, if u stop these thread (loop) game will stop too

Kingdom of Shadows
Loyal Member
Reaction score
You have 2 ways to check if thread is suspended:
1. Use a timestamp like
Code:
DWORD time1 = GetTickCount();
Sleep(10);
if(GetTickCount() - time1 > 15) Close();
This will work because when thread is suspended it's automatically delayed because it takes some time to resume it again and there will be a time difference there bigger than usual.

2. Hook suspend thread or resume thread function and check by thread id.

Both ways are used by viruses to avoid virtual machines, sandboxes and debuggers so using them may result in false positive by noob antivirus.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
i can suggest you writing some driver that will hook api (openprocess suspendthread) but cheaters will still find how to piss you off..

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
@[RCZ]ShadowKing
I'm trying but if I Suspend the Process, the others thread not work and not close the game.
For example: if I Suspend the process and I dont Close the threads and later I Resume the thread, the game exit writing a document "Error".
void TTrying()
{

DWORD time1 = GetTickCount();
Sleep(10);
if(GetTickCount() - time1 > 25) { FILE* FileHwnd1;
fopen_s(&FileHwnd1,Dlog,"a+");
fprintf(FileHwnd1,"Error \n");
fclose(FileHwnd1);
ExitProcess(0); }
TTrying is a simple void, but he is called from 3 diferent threads eachs 100ms

@mauka, how I check the thread state?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I used in my old anticheat, the resume whole process threads once on timestamp. I know it's not efficient, but it did the trick. Even if you "force a little" the code...

Back