Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

[Help] CMS Website Development for MU Online

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi,I wanted to learn about MU Online CMS Website Development, how do I start and what are the programming languages that I need to study?I know something about HTML, CSS and a bit of PHP but I know it wouldn't help much in MU Online.Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Elite Diviner
Reaction score
Re: CMS Website Development for MU Online

HTML CSS PHP SQL is all you need

HTML / CSS for front end. You might even use a bit of js
PHP / SQL for back end. Make edits to database or display certain information by pulling it from tables

I'm not sure why you think it wouldn't help. If you were learning php, i'm sure you would have been introduced to SQL already

Look at MUcores files. Learn how it works with SQL

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

HTML CSS PHP SQL is all you need
HTML / CSS for front end. You might even use a bit of js
PHP / SQL for back end. Make edits to database or display certain information by pulling it from tablesI'm not sure why you think it wouldn't help. If you were learning php, i'm sure you would have been introduced to SQL already
Look at MUcores files. Learn how it works with SQL

I haven't seen MUcore files yet. I will download it and see how I can learn from there

If so, I have to study more about PHP, SQL and a bit about JS..

Thank you for the tips :)

Upvote 0
Don't be afraid to ask!
Reaction score

Maybe use C# (asp mvc), its the "feature" ofc you can use php, but to develop a cms system... you need to learn php oop and another stuff... basic php knowledge = epic secure holes, instant hacked.... I recommend you to download webengine 1.0.7 / 1.0.8 and than start to understand the classes and the code parts, if you can write a site like webengine alone, than you can do nearly everything.

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

I will recommend use framework like Codeigneiter, laralevel etc.
There are lot's of ready to use libraries

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Reed about POO , MVC.
RevolGaming , yup webengine is a good site , but dont use good practices of POO or MVC.

If you start with POO, you'll do well :thumbup:

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

This cant not programmed revolgaming , one a lying poodle , nothing good enough for bastard =) your web will never be ready =) . That's all in the story, gentlemens :D

This cant not programmed revolgaming , one a lying poodle , nothing good enough for bastard =) your web will never be ready =) . That's all in the story, gentlemens :D

Upvote 0
Initiate Mage
Reaction score

Can try to learn basic php and after start learning Laravel framework for example at Laracasts. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Back