Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

How do you connect your own websites to SQL Server?

Don't be afraid to ask!
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Any source? I can actually connect to my remote host using odbc driver from my windows 7 PC actually.

I mean.... its for fast lan connection not for remote... ofc it will work, but its not for WORK you know...

Its not for to make a live and stable connection remote. php_pdo is for that.

php_pdo is the new php_mssql, thats it all.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I think you're talking about this one

Inventories' data type is varbinary, and they are pretty lengthy. So I think we can't use that for mu db yet.

I don't think you read the known issues in a proper way...

Linux
  • The following features are not supported with connection pooling:
    • Unicode connection strings
    • sqlsrv_server_info and sqlsrv_client_info return false
    • In certain scenarios a generic error message maybe returned instead of a specific error when pooling is disabled
    • When retrieving data from columns with a data type of XML, varchar(max), nvarchar(max), or varbinary(max) no data maybe returned or the data maybe truncated depending on the length of the data in the source table.

First of all, this limitation applies only to connection pooling.
Also, varbinary(max) is not used anywhere in the database.

FYI: varbinary(max) are stored out of the row only if they exceed 8000 bytes otherwise it is the same as varbinary(8000).

So, no harm done here...

Back