Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

" CTRL " Attacking freezes my pointer?

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
Whenever I run two accounts at one time or maybe 5 accounts, And by the time I try to attack somebody by the use of CTRL my pointer freezes.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
I think this is the video driver, before when i was still in my old pc i had the same problem as yours when i hold ctrl on something sometimes the game freezes and when i let go of the ctrl the freeze is gone.

Now i don't have this problem but i don't know 100% yet.

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
What a Good Question, Maybe you could try asking that on google.

Pfff..

Custom Title Activated
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I think this is the video driver, before when i was still in my old pc i had the same problem as yours when i hold ctrl on something sometimes the game freezes and when i let go of the ctrl the freeze is gone.

Now i don't have this problem but i don't know 100% yet.

How many MU windows are you opening?

I tried running on my laptop which has low specs and also tried on a computer with a decent spec, Still same.

I tried asking around also on other MU communities, and most of them said that its because of the MU helper.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
This happens to me when i use multiple mains. When i use 2 main.exe at the same time or more (its not CPU/GPU issue, i have a Phenom T1055T x6) whenever you press CTRL or press any other key for few seconds the whole game freezes until you relase the pressed keys.

PS: I use Autoclicker Elite for opening multiple instances.

Don't be a hater
Loyal Member
Reaction score
This bug has been around since mu was made, there is no fix for it. As far as I can tell when you press CTRL it activates attack sequence on all your accounts. Remember MuOnline was never made to be played on more than one account in the first place, now it evolved :D

Voyager of Time and Space
Reaction score
Well.. only did with double windows when i found that problem, although imo this bug just started to appear in season 4 versions and above +
Because i used to play season 2 with 3 windows to test some characters and holding ctrl really doesn't lag at all.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
When you press and hold any key, it i'll repeat slowly...for me, no problem...for MU: THANKS!!!!! My soul is free now!

Last edited:
Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Whenever I run two accounts at one time or maybe 5 accounts, And by the time I try to attack somebody by the use of CTRL my pointer freezes.

Any idea what could be the cause?

Get a Better Computer dude, You must be using some sucky Laptop/CPU

I ran 2 Main.exe and tried 3 too, Press CRTL and Pked, it works with freezing.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Get a Better Computer dude, You must be using some sucky Laptop/CPU

I ran 2 Main.exe and tried 3 too, Press CRTL and Pked, it works with freezing.

Don't just press, HOLD it.

Try to move some icon on your desktop (like copy a folder with CTRL key)

Worst bug ever...
No idea why happens (thinking like a developer)

[]'s

Initiate Mage
Reaction score
Hi all, i fix this bug with comodo firewall who also have a sandbox policy (Defense+) for running certain aplications in a sandboxed process.

The bug happens because main.exe tries to install global hooks, and multiple hooks cause the bug when you press ctrl... (it's a larger explanation but it doesn't matter at this time)

if you sandbox every instance of every main.exe the bug disapear, as simple as that.

you have to install & enable the Defense+ feature, end the first time you execute the main.exe, Defense+ will prompt for running main.exe in a sandbox or not, just press sandbox button, later will prompt for the global hooks (2 times usually, 2 different hooks), just select dont allow the global hook to be loaded, an mark the "remember this answer" (or something like that), and that's it.

the next time only will ask for running or not in a sandbox.

cheers from argentina men

hope this will be usefull for u

Oh im running win7 64b, amd960 8gb ddr31600 gpu2gbddr5 season6 clients with mu helper runing in at 7 windows/instances of main.exe opened at the same time, with no problem at all, i can press ctrl an kill an press any otrer key normally, works just fine.

Experienced Elementalist
Reaction score
Hi all, i fix this bug with comodo firewall who also have a sandbox policy (Defense+) for running certain aplications in a sandboxed process.

The bug happens because main.exe tries to install global hooks, and multiple hooks cause the bug when you press ctrl... (it's a larger explanation but it doesn't matter at this time)

if you sandbox every instance of every main.exe the bug disapear, as simple as that.

you have to install & enable the Defense+ feature, end the first time you execute the main.exe, Defense+ will prompt for running main.exe in a sandbox or not, just press sandbox button, later will prompt for the global hooks (2 times usually, 2 different hooks), just select dont allow the global hook to be loaded, an mark the "remember this answer" (or something like that), and that's it.

the next time only will ask for running or not in a sandbox.

cheers from argentina men

hope this will be usefull for u

Oh im running win7 64b, amd960 8gb ddr31600 gpu2gbddr5 season6 clients with mu helper runing in at 7 windows/instances of main.exe opened at the same time, with no problem at all, i can press ctrl an kill an press any otrer key normally, works just fine.

That's it, removed SetWindowsHook function from main, and whoa! when pressing CTRL client is not freezing anymore ^_^

Back