Welcome!

Join our community of MMO enthusiasts and game developers! By registering, you'll gain access to discussions on the latest developments in MMO server files and collaborate with like-minded individuals. Join us today and unlock the potential of MMO server development!

Join Today!

Custom monsters, animations, possible?

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I was thinking to add a new NPC boss to my server, like kundun erohim. Just a new one, thats not on any other server.

I guess adding a new monster would require some coding in the gameserver so that might be a bit hard. So i thought I could reskin an existing monster that doesnt get a lot of attention(maybe a monster from bloodcastle 1 where no one really goes) and then remove it from the monstersetbase so its not in use- only where I want it. tweak its stats so its strong like a boss, change its name and all that stuff.

If any of you know the answers to these questions, please share :)

• what program would you guys recommend for me to import the skin into mu online. a combination of maya and pentium tools would work?
  • would it be possible to import my own animations, like death and attack animation?
  • are there any limitations as to the file size of textures? kilobytes or pixels.

If you were to do this, how would you go about it? Feel free to discuss and share your ideas! :)

power for mu!

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
1. sure it's enough and even more than enough :D
2. yes, it's possible but only if you got the file u can edit yourself / u made the skin yourself .
3. not something i know of, but not something more than 2000X1000(only texture, bmd can be as much as u want it to be)

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies guys :)

@Mr? that thread is in my bookmarks now ;)

Also, does anyone know how I can open up the .smd files from pentium tools in maya 2015? I have searched online for a solution but I just cant find it.

I heard that blender has the possibility to open and save them in other formats, but it doesnt work on my computer. ON start up it gives "exception illegal instruction" im using windows 7 64x and I have visio 2013 installed.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Did uu mean, like this?
]
kubaa1 - Custom monsters, animations, possible? - RaGEZONE Forums

]
kubaa1 - Custom monsters, animations, possible? - RaGEZONE Forums

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah like that, did you use the same method as in the topic mentioned above?

What program did you use to edit the smd models from pentium tools?

Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
I have yet to try this, but you can make/edit models using 3ds Max with third-party importers and exporters, which I've linked to below. You'll also need to use PentiumTools to convert the monster .bmd files to .smd files, which I've also linked to.

Last edited:
Put Community First
Loyal Member
Reaction score
not true .
i had windows 8 64bit, and it worked just fine . now i have windows 8.1 64bit and it still works fine .

Oh cool, thanks for confirming, someone I know couldn't run it for some reason and they said it was their OS.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
I have yet to try this, but you can make/edit models using 3ds Max with third-party importers and exporters, which I've linked to below. You'll also need to use PentiumTools to convert the monster .bmd files to .smd files, which I've also linked to.

Thanks! could you tell me which 3dsmax versions are compatible with the smd plugins?

Edit: Nevermind I opened the plugins and there are folders for each version :)

Thanks again :)

Newbie Spellweaver
Reaction score
Oh cool, thanks for confirming, someone I know couldn't run it for some reason and they said it was their OS.
i suspect the fact it's not working for some of the people is something to do with vb.net version .

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
Yeah like that, did you use the same method as in the topic mentioned above?

What program did you use to edit the smd models from pentium tools?

Nope. I use my own method. But, is you are talking about bmds and some programs, i got u easy: Just Pentium Tools(SMD<-->BMD) and Milkshape.

Junior Spellweaver
Reaction score
It is possible, the only thing you need to do is find existing 3d monsters / npc models and convert into bmd ( using some import/export tools ), or you can create your own models with some 3d software.

You need to know that when you attempt to create a monster.bmd, you need to export at least basic animations in the right order ( stand01, stand02, walk, attack01, attack02, ReceiveHit, Die).
Finally you can add new animations if u want... To make new animations work you need to crack client to play animations requested by server.

Here is an example.

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Back